2003 Honda Civic Consumer Review: 8 months and 3 transmissions

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

8 months and 3 transmissions
By Karen Hull on

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving mini vans and other "family cars", it was nice to drive a small vehicle. I was looking for a car for commuting 100 miles per day. The Honda Hybrid seemed to fit the criteria. To date, I have had three transmissions and the third transmission is causing problems. If Honda could fix this car, I would like it much more. I don't think Honda is willing to work with me. I have had trouble with the dealership and the Honda company. I want a dependable car that doesn't spend every 3rd month in the shop.

Personally, I like the limited options. Main vehicle to commute. Didn't want too many options. Enjoy a car that has a CD player. I think I am getting the expected mileage (when the car is working properly).

Find the problem with the whining sound that has caused my transmission to be replaced 3 times in eight months. The interior lights are nice but impossible to read when have lights on during the day. I WANT DEPENDABILITY. I have been disappointed with my first "foreign" car.