Used 2003 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
A Very Good Car
By Gs Honda on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for six months and have had no problems. I would expect a better sound system in the EX class. A good car overall.

Can't beat a Honda
By Cheap on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A great car few problems 5 speed sometime feels hard driver seat feels loose

jays car
By dvswayz83 on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

the best drive i ever had as simple as that

HoNDa
By Gone2aCamry on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I loved everything about my 2003 Honda Civic, however, at 11,500 miles, my transmission gave out and I had to have a new one. MY driver's side seat also had to be replaced a couple of times. The seat tracks on this particular Honda had not been alined properly from the factory, and when I had it to the dealer for the 9th time they replaced the seat. However, it did not make a difference. I like everything from the ergonomics of my honda to the performance, but the problems with the trasmission and the seat were reason to rid myself of that lemon.

A Honda Civic Family
By Diane on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've done extensive research in looking for a safe, reliable, and affordable car; and all the facts would lead me back to the Honda Civic. After owning three Civic's, I thought a change would be good. But nothing could compare. We now currently have three Honda Civic's; and sold our fourth. An extremely satisfied customer.

First new Car
By tanda on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Just the right size. Roomy without being bulky. moved up from an old sports car and don't feel overwhelmed. Good performance, but doesn't have quite the power I'm used to, which is probably a safe thing.

Rocks and Shakes
By saint louis on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Honda and was expecting another gem. The driver's manual seat adjustment has an annoying amount of "play". Also steering vibration at 70 Mph. Dealer had no offer for correcting either problem. Honda national customer service had the same resspone - no help. My last Honda.

great car
By rm on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

a true value! a must for all!

Great economy car
By User on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with this car has been great. I have a standard transmission, so it really has a lot of get-up-and-go for a 4 cylinder vehicle. I haven't had any complications, it's fun and easy to drive. I previously had a 1991 Civic LX Sedan, and there have been many improvements since then! The road noise especially has really been reduced. The interior is small, of course, but amazingly roomy! On the same token, for such a small car, the trunk is huge!

great for the money
By kimbot on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 2 jettas an 1985 and 1996. I had terrible experiences 2 years after i bout my used 96 jetta which scared me away from the newer volkswagens. i keep obsessing over jettas because they are so good looking , comfortable and fun to drive yet they are totally unreliable and expensive to maintain. Civic have always been my second choice and if i hadnt had a jetta im sure i would have been a bigger honda enthusiast. ( its hard to get over the interior differences even though the new civics are much nicer than they used to be they just dont compare to jettas.)