2003 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Feels Bigger Than It Really Is
By Hollis on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the Hybrid Civic over the Toyota Prius because Honda offered more standard features (side airbags, CD player, driver armrest). Plus, the Civic was more visually pleasing than the 1st generation Prius. It all comes down to whether you want the world to know you're driving a hybrid. Honda hid the technology in an existing model; Toyota displayed for all to see. The Civic Hybrid is a great urban runabout. It is peppy, nimble, and surprisingly roomy and quiet for such a small car. The CVT "shifts" without the driver noticing. That is great engineering. And the car feels solid; again, surprisingly so for such a small vehicle.

Civic Hybrid great car!
By Chagrin Falls, OH on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've driven the car 10,800 miles in the roughly 90 days since purchasing. The controls are well designed, heating & air work very well. There is enough power to enter fast interstates with no problem. Pleased with the fit and finish. Fuel mileage listed is pretty accurate, but how one drives can make a significant difference. I like filling up less often!

Somewhat fair
By karlkro on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I've had this vehicle for 10mths and the ride drive needs to be improved, it needs alot more power or alot more gas saving, for the little power that it has it is not saving enough gas. Quality and reliability of vehicle is great however the exterior design needs improvement. It is not worth the price I pay for it - the price should be about 17,000 at the most 17,500.

Gentle Car
By LJS on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the gentlest car that I've driven. There is no excess of shifting from the transmission. The micro filter is a lung saver when in heavy traffic, it eliminates all smells. The air conditioning can almost compete with my refrigerator, it is a life saver in the hot weather months. The best part of my purchase of this car is the fact that it saves me time by not visiting fuel pumps weekly and by having the car's oil changed. My time is worth more then money and this car is saving me time. This has been one of the best purchases I've made in a long time. Thank you!

Mileage
By john/georgia on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Actual Mileage is 42mpg @80 mph,47mpg around town, and 52mpg in the Florida Keys. Can't get it away from my wife. 1.9% financing with 10 year 100,000 mile warranty, 3.9% without. No problems so far.

Driving a Video Game
By Chip Marshall on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Zero problems in 17k Miles. Average calculated MPG 44.25, several 600+ mile tanks. Fantastic integration of technology. It is fun to drive and to chalenge yourself to exceed previous efforts at fuel economy. Extremely smooth transmission since it never shifts.

Green, less green($) and just a cool car
By MattNga on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Civic Hybrid CVT for 3 months now and have had no problems, lots of questions from others and now I don't think as much about my new found driving habits. The car makes you want to drive better (and slower too) so you can improve your mileage.

8 months and 3 transmissions
By Karen Hull on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After driving mini vans and other "family cars", it was nice to drive a small vehicle. I was looking for a car for commuting 100 miles per day. The Honda Hybrid seemed to fit the criteria. To date, I have had three transmissions and the third transmission is causing problems. If Honda could fix this car, I would like it much more. I don't think Honda is willing to work with me. I have had trouble with the dealership and the Honda company. I want a dependable car that doesn't spend every 3rd month in the shop.

Awsome Vehicle
By whatteverrr2002 on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

First new car ever and after one month, still fun to drive. Excellent worksmanship, quite, comfortable, and just a joy to fill up after 530 miles per tank. Great in the city and 4 hours on the highway. More comfortable than my 98 Honda Accord. It does not get any better than this.

Fun!!!!
By phoenix56 on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Everyone loves driving my car!