Used 2003 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

No maintenance!
By plasticized.cohort

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in '03 after my '01 civic was totalled. I've loved it dearly and I'll be passing it down to my baby sister even with 60K miles on it. I have NEVER had any work done to it. It's cute and sporty with the optional spoiler.

Gas mileage, reliability, sportiness for a cheap car.

The pattern on the cloth seats is a little too funky... even though i'm sure a solid color would show stains and then I'd have something else to whine about.

I still miss my Accura
By Ralph

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car has taken me 66,000 miles without the slightest problem. I drove my last Accura RSX to 180,000 miles on the original clutch. You cannot say too much about the reliability of Honda products. In good old flat Florida the 1500 cc engine is just fine. I found the engine to be very busy in the mountains when I drove out to LA. The handling of the Civic is OK but once you get used to an Accura you are ruined for anything else. My next car will be another RSX.

In a tropical climate a sunroof is an absolute joy. Sunshine and 38mpg is a great combination.

The lock on the fold down rear seats is a big nuisance. The original tires were not worthy of such an excellent car. They failed in just over 30,000 miles.

Great Investment
By Wayne

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven several luxury vehicles, decided to try a civic out after hearing all the good things about them. The only thing I can say is a negative is that after 3 or so hours, it is not as comfortable a ride as other vehicles I have owned. However, it is attractive, gets 40 mpg (which is more than the sticker states), is cheap to insure and has a great factory sound system. It shifts like a dream and I have no complaints.

The speakers and the integrated antenna in the back glass are great- always excellent reception (better than regular antannas) and the speakers are phenomenal in the EX.

Better quality seats, these don't provdie much support or cushion.

I'll own this car forever !
By GordonGump

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for 3 1/2 years and have not had any problems with it at all. The only things I've had to do with it is new tires, and oil changes every 3,000-4,000 miles. I am glad I have my Honda Civic right now because it gets great gas mileage which is a big thing now with the price of gas. Do not hesitate to buy this car !!!

I love this interior of my car, its sporty and sleek... my car is silver and black inside.

No So Happy Anymore
By Used to like Honda

2003 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

While the engine and gas mileage are good on this car the rest of it is not up to typical Honda standards. Right after purchasing it the trunk was leaking due to a seam that wasn't welded properly. The little bit of metal that is used on the body is cheap- dents very easily. Had light bulbs burn out in less than a year. Original tires are cheap-had to replace after 2 years and that's with snow tires on at least 5 month/yr. At not quite 3 years old new shocks and brakes. Oh and my favorite the turn signal/4 way relay switch I believe it's called just died for no reason-replaced at my expensive of course. And now the cd player decided to stop working. It loads and ejects w/o a cd in it.

The gas mileage is the only redeeming quality of this car.

How about a bigger trunk opening? The trunk itself is a good size but the opening is useless. Why can't Honda make another hatchback that isn't that ridiculous SI model? Heck why can't Honda make a car that lasts more than a couple of years? Oh yeah because they're made in the USA now.