2003 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 7

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Decent Commuter
By frj on 12/30/08 04:16 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Civic has been extremely reliable and gets great gas mileage (around 33mpg average in mixed driving). Honda dealers are also nice to work with after purchase for in-warranty and out of warranty service.

2003 Honda Civic LX
By 2003 Honda Civic LX on 12/27/08 11:34 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car from a used car dealer about 1 year ago, and have not had any problems whatsoever. I will say that the seats aren't all that comforting for long rides and the default radio system lacks, but aside from this, no complaints. Overall, this car is very reliable.

What Happened To Honda?
By gliattitd on 12/05/08 18:11 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2002 and it has been very reliable until it hit 100,000 miles. The transmission slips terribly, I took it to a service station and had it flushed thinking that would help but no such luck. The service manager said he's seen several Hondas with bad transmissions lately. My first Honda was good for 180,000 miles, died when I wrapped it around a pole.That's why I bought another one. But this one's transmission started acting up as soon as it hit 100,000 miles. What happened to you, Honda?

JDM
By Al on 10/12/08 11:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 03 civic it hasn't given any problem since i bought it i'm reaching the 80,000 mile mark and the car is still running great I've made significant performance upgrades to enhance my driving experience the car overall is great whether your just buying it as a regular day car or a tuner car. Hondas are great.

It's OK but some issues
By gliattitd on 10/06/08 13:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been very reliable. I have had to replace the driver's side window motor twice now, I hear others have this issue as well. Like some of the other reviewers, min is at 99,000 miles and my transmission is starting to act funny. I hope I don't have to replace like they did!

best mileage out of a totally gas engine
By matt1689 on 09/29/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've got a 2003 honda civic ex coupe totally gas engine 1.7 L 5 speed i've got about $200 worth of upgrades in it, trust me its totally worth it.. I'm getting avg 44 mpg on the highway and 37 in the city, it's got a cold air intake with a ram air inductor new exhaust, came stock with 2 mufflers, now it has one straight pipe with one straight muffler, plus a small performance chip, i go within 3mph of the speed limit and when I'm coming up on a stop or going down hill i kick it into neutral. i can get between 550 and 650 miles per fill up depending on how i'm driving, i always fill up b4 the gas light comes one

Really enjoyed this 2 door EX Coupe
By Dean on 08/12/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I had my Honda Civic for 5 years but just recently sold it so I could get a 4 door (got little kids). The car was very, very reliable and I only had a little over 51,000 miles on it. I never had any mechanical problems with it the whole time (knock on wood). I always changed the oil (myself) every 5,000 miles and made sure to change Air Filter (15,000 miles). I made sure to check the tires monthly as well. I got anywhere from 32-33 mpg around town with some highway driving. For straight highway trips I averaged around 36 on the last one. If you take care of this little baby it will take care of you. If you decide to sell your Civic, sell it out right as the dealerships will hose you.

2003 Civic Hybrid Many Problems
By Scott on 07/27/08 10:48 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I have 180000 miles. Changed all fluids religiously. Had to replace clutch, transmission in Feb 08' and now IMA battery dying. $7000 worth of repairs. Very bad engineering solution for folks who care about the environment. Stay away from this vehicle...

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr 5spd
By 2003 Civic LX 4dr on 07/13/08 20:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car 5 months ago and basically love it. I've had no problems with it thus far, and have adjusted my driving habits to pull in an average of 43 mpg (40 city, 47 hwy). Recommended car for anyone.

Love this car!
By Sam on 07/02/08 05:49 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

My husband and I bought this car back in 2002. It has been terrific and has had no problems! We are so glad we had foresight to buy a hybrid. It's really fun to drive because you can see how your driving effects your MPG (although it can be a bit stressful at times, too). We will probably never buy a non-hybrid/non-alternative energy car again.