2003 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great car cheap reliable car
By Joe McFearsome on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car has served my family well. No problems we have had it for a year and were at 25,000 miles and no problems. The performance is nothing special, but ride an comfort is great. Gas mileage is a dream even with the gas prices were they are.

My Civic
By hanson205 on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy my Honda Civic. I had a 2001 Civic LX, but this time I bought an EX. Big difference in the engine, and performance of the EX.

Good little car
By Gannet on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Wife loves it. Great MPG. Surprising room for a tiny car.

Outstanding
By wendellgee013 on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car. Not the fastest thing in the world, but more than adequate for any legal speed. Excellent handling. Crappy dealership tires (Firestones)- should be replaced at purchase. Aamzing interior.

honda civic LX
By kingoreo on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

just bought my honda and so far i love it. its just the right size and great on gas,however its not all that fun to drive. only bad things is the small engine and someone busted up my tail light

pocket rocket
By Submech on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My wife loves it, the kids love it, the dog thinks its the berries, what's not for me to love about it? It negotiates city traffic effortlessly, has excellent climate conditioning, a nice sound system, a cute little sun- roof, and ours is equipped with a silky smooth 5 speed gearbox that rewards the effort of shifting your own gears with lots of fun. Its practicle too, with 28+ city mpg, and room enough for my 6'3" self, 5'3" wife, 8yr old and 5yr old to take a weekend trip in. (31mpg) I have to admit though, next time it'll be the Suburban. I highly recommend this car if you're looking for a small sedan.

Stickin' w/ the hondas
By Dwarfl0rd on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Ive owned an '87 prelude, '87 crx, '95 civic hatchback, '01 prelude and now a '03 civic ex sedan and honda continues to make cars that fit my needs. Ive owned my new civic for 6 months with 4400 miles. My wife was broadsided in it 3 months ago and the car flipped over. She walked away from the accident w/out injury. Caved in the entire passenger side, and flipped the car over onto the drivers side. Car did what it was supposed to do and protected my wife. Ill be stickin' w/the hondas. The car also handles good, and gives me great gas mileage and reliability. I dont need anything else. Thanks Honda.

I'm wondering....
By snowfrog on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car, but at 9000 miles, the front struts had to be replaced. At 18000 miles, the alignment is out and the front tire have to be replaced. I'm wondering if one has to do with the other.

Real nice, but..........mileage.........
By exGMbuyer on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Handles good, everything ok, but I am not getting the gas mileage. I am averaging only 25-27 in combined city and highway. On highway only - 31.

Best bang for the buck.
By crazygrrrl on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2003 Civic LX sedan for a year now and I love it! It's fairly peppy for a 4 cylinder car but I wish it had more power (my weekend car is a Firebird so I'm kind of spoiled by its power). The Civic is reliable and fun to drive. The seats are comfortable and the fuel economy is excellent. I usually get 34-36 mpg with my mostly highway driving. My all time best was 41 mpg for a 230 mile highway trip.