2003 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
A Little More Than You Think. Need More
By my76ta on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My first Civic purchase and I'm enjoying it. The ride and handling are far better than the Lx, Ex line and the interior is as attractive/comfortable as you'll find in a twenty thousand or less car.

SI
By Monster Man on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Underrated. Fun to drive and reliable compared to its competitors

Civic Si- mini Zoom Zoom car
By DrK8 on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was somewhat skeptical of stepping down from Honda Prelude 2000 to Honda Civic Si, however I am pleased to say it handles and it is just as much fun to drive. One drawback is the claim it is fast, by no means is it a rocket yet it does the job and gets pretty decent gas mileage. Handling is terrific and the stiff shocks make it a blast particularly on corners. Overall I like my new Honda Civic Si, although next model I would boost up the power.

2003 Civic Si
By speedyzx6 on 04/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like this little car. I had a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3, although the Focus felt like it pulled a little harder, I feel that The Civic Si is much more in control. The vehicle is very smooth and comfortable. The shifter location looks awkward, but I assure you it feels like it was put in the right place. The fit and finish, performance and stability is typical for Honda. This is my third Honda, I currently also own a 2002 Honda Odyssey. Improvements that should be made is an addition of an arm rest and larger wheels.

North American 2002 Civic Si Disappoints
By RMC on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned six Honda Civic hatchbacks including this one. This one pleases me because of its design, build quality and presumed reliability, but disappoints greatly in straight-line acceleration. Honda has no right calling this a performance car when it weighs 2750 lbs, has only 160 hp, and has such anemic 0-60 and 1/4 mile times! I finally broke down and bought it as a new one-year-old car because the dealer discounted it so heavily (sales must have been poor). I do not recommend this car to anyone who is looking for lively acceleration! I will have to add my own hp improvements.

Amazing car!
By Jeff MGB on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased our Si. We also looked at Mini and VW GTI. This car is far and away the best value of the three, arguably the best built, most likely the most reliable, and an absolute hoot to drive.

Fun and Useful
By Honda Mark on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my Si so far! This car is fun to drive & actually useful (5 pass. w/ real back seat headroom & cargo-carrying ability). My '92 Civic experience was enough to convince me to go w/ Honda again even w/ stiff competition. I am surprised that Honda didn't put a 6-speed transmission or a higher-geared 5th gear. The engine runs very smoothly, but it bothers me to see the tach pushing 4,000 rpm on the interstate! Rearward visibility is somewhat restricted due to the back seat headrests & blindspots on each side of the back glass.

A lot of car for the money
By hosimian on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's a better car than many journalists have suggested. It isn't quite as quick as some of its competition, but that's mostly do to an overly conservative rev limiter that forces the use of third gear to get to 60. What reviewers haven't mentioned enough is that this car exudes quality. It is very well made. Sure, it's funky looking, but very functional, and still fun. Engine is strong and smooth. The car does everything well. 6 footers can sit in the back seat. Very good crash test scores. Can be had for very good prices.

great car
By mr ed on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! Great styling, fun to drive, practical and reliable.

Never a Dull Moment
By Paul1066 on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recentley purchased a new 02 Civic Si for under $16K. Many local delears in the Atlanta area had a few 02's left so I got one while they were on offer. The Si is made in the UK, my homeland, and its a shame we do not get the Type-R here in the US, now that looks hot. 200 BHP and a 146 mph top speed. I am happy so far with the 160 BHP machine and the car has a great level of equipment for the money. I like the handling and the motor which is smooth and pulls well at all speeds. A great car for the money.