Used 2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

new si
By rusty

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Thsi is fun to drive(feels like a race car)that brings me to issue #1 the steering is fine at low speeds but way to heavy at highway speed -an adjustment of the variable power steering unit will be something I may undertake.

The engine has great response even at low rpm.

Needs a 6 sp trans Steering needs reworked Need more seat adjustments (this is the sport model the regular civics have more seat adjustments)

WOW!
By Si_Gn

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After so many cars that were fine in what they did I gave myself a treat and put all the fun back into the driving experience!Not since I was first licensed have I had such a silly grin when I'm behind the wheel driving for driving sake, not just to ferry kids arround!

Engine,ride,stick shift(and it's position!)Honda build quality, reliability and resale value! Thanks

May be a premium sterio system option?

What a Find!
By B-Dog

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Many have likely overlooked the Civic Si, what with the SVT Focus, Mini Cooper S, Mazdaspeed Protege and the like. Mistake! It has all the typical Honda niceties, such as terrific build quality, great instrumentation, superb materials and a sweet shifter. More than these, though, the Si has torque, seats, space, a nice stereo, a great steering wheel, and you don't see them all over. The torque is a welcome upgrade from my old Miata - at 60 MPH on the highway in 5th you can just accelerate. In the Miata, dropping down to 4th was a must, if not 3rd! And the engine is so smooth that it must be felt to be believed.

The seats are fantastic, the shifter is all that and a bag of chips, the motor is smoother than silk yet strong like grappa, and the fact that I always look back at it smiling after I walk away from it - wanting to get back in and drive it some more.

The 15 inch wheels and tires could stand to grow an inch or two, as could the brake discs, and the 200 bhp version of this motor from the Acura RSX Type-S would shoot this car off the charts. But it still gets it done well as is!

Can't go wrong...
By pjssesco

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked around at many different cars and found that the Si was the way to go. I'm 6' and I'm comfortable in this car with plenty of room all around. Car isn't the quickest but has more than enough pick up to get you where you're going. If you choose there are plenty of modifications to add the extra H.P. if that's a problem. I have no complaints about this car.

Color (vivid blue), Rally shifter, seats are comfortable. Location of controls.

More H.P. and torque would be nice but I've received enough tickets with this car so maybe that's not a good idea for me. I'm a fan of H.I.D headlights.

THE NEW SI
By SIchick

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful car. It is great to travel in due to it's compact design. It is easy to clean and keep up with also. The part that i love the most is that not to many people have them yet, so it makes you stand out some.

For me, the gear shift makes the car. Most people assume that it would be hard to drive with the location of the gear shift, but i find it much easier.

The only improvement i can come up with is that the color of the stitching of the interior match the color of the car.