Used 2003 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My Third Honda
By Stan Dounn

2003 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had owned a used 1979 Honda which gave 150,000 miles. Got 1991 Civic Hatchback based on previous performance of 1979 Hatchback. 1991 gave me 124,000 up to when I saw the 2003 SI. It is a very smooth operating 5 spd vehicle. I would rate it as one of the best small car values on the market. The 160 hp engine is quiet and powerful for town or road driving. The standard 'sports' car features on the SI make this the best driving vehicle I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Sun Roof, CD player, locking system, cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

The three light system for airconditioning control is not always visible, depending on driver seat position. Lights need to be perhaps larger/brighter for better vision from at least drivers position. From my chosen position, I have to lean forward to check lights.

My best car yet...
By Piet

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having put 12,000 miles on my Honda Civic Hybrid CVT over the last 15 months, I can say I like it better than the 3 Audis and 4 Mercedes-Benz, bought new, that I had previously owned. (I traded in a late model M-B on the Civic.) Unfortunately, the Hybrid did not come with a moonroof, so I had a top-of-the-line ASC moonroof installed as part of the purchase order. (ASC is the supplier for the moonroofs that are installed at the Honda factories in Ohio.) This is one great car, as near to being environmentally sound as one could hope for at this stage of our technology.

Favorite Features

Silent start, autostop, smooth CVT, superb steering and handling, lots of low-rpm torque, easy to park, gas mileage in the range of 48 to 55 mpg, lots of leg room and headroom for my 6'4" frame, very comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

Offer the car with a moonroof; replace the glossy plate around the shift lever, which reflects sunlight into one's eyes, with a gray matt-finish plate; place a switch on the right front door for locking/unlocking all 4 doors; make the spoiler an option.

30000 miles in 9 months
By 30K already

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had it for just 9 months, over 30K miles, NO problems - FANTASTIC mileage - strongly recommend!

Favorite Features

mileage

Suggested Improvements

easier on the bumps

more fun than a gas pump
By jcpaciera

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

great mmileage, all instruments are in the right place cept for one. the gear shift can go into a low gear when you don't want it to and the site of the reading on shift lever is the only hard thing to find in the car. having no sound at stop lights is great. my oil plug came out while doing 55 mph and all went well.it shut down and wouldn't restart. i luv it.

Favorite Features

mmileage, insturmentation, controls

Suggested Improvements

gear shift. location of shift location needs to be relocated. i cannot find it. quiet this car down.

Honda Civic
By neenee

2003 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I really like how spacious my civic is. The back seats are great because there's no bump in the middle of the floor in the back, and there's tons of leg room even when the driver or passenger's seat is moved back. Also the trunk is awesome, it holds so much stuff, so much space. And if you need even more space, the back seats fold down very nice to make more room. Finally, this car drives like a dream. I've driven other small cars, and none of them are as smooth, or drive as easly as the Civic. This is an awesome car.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature, is the trunk. It just holds so much stuff. It's great.