2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Easy to be green
By Greg Reiter on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

The Civic hybrid is great. It runs just like an ordinary gasoline auto except it gets nearly 45 mpg around town. It is an easy way to help save the earth.

What more could a girl wnat?!
By Betsy Ray on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was all ready to test drive a Toyota Prius last December when an article at Edmunds.com alertted me to Honda's plan to make a hybrid Civic. With Civic reliability and safety and the fuel mileage and low emissions of the hybrid engine, this is THE PERFECT CAR (OK, all electric would be even better, but I regularly travel farther than current electrics will run on a single charge.)

Outstanding car
By John Harley on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had this vehicle for two weeks but I love it! It is so smooth driving it and you will not believe how quiet it is. I don't know about gas milage yet because it still has a half a tank of fuel. it is showing 270 miles. The auto transmission is great. You never feel any shifting like in a regular auto. great car

Honda Civic
By Randy Hogue on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The civic is just great. The features inside are excellent, and is compact, yet not too small for comfortability.

What a great car!
By MrWright on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Maybe I am still in the honeymoon phase, but I love this car! I can't say enough good things about my civic hybrid. The styling is very attractive, it is loaded with many standard features that would have been options in other cars, ie. all power windows, locks, cruise, power steering and brakes, a cd player, even floor mats! The MPG is phenominal. I average 47 MPG on my daily 90 mile commute to San Francisco (over the Altimont Pass!) Had my first oil change and found out that it costs more for hybrids--even at the dealership--because of "special oil" and a little extra labor time. It was only a few bucks more, which I save on gas anyway.

Hybrid - A Great Car
By emcclend on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car sales are slow, the buyer can make incredible deals. Edmunds TMV is the sticker price. I purchased this car for about $1700 less than sticker. I got price quotes from 4 dealers in the DFW area (there are @30 dealers in this area). After visiting each of the four dealerships, I sent an email out with the best offers to all 4. Within hours of the email, I got competitive responses from 3 of the dealers. The 4th dealer did not even try to compete and would only go as "low" as the sticker price. It has plenty of power and rides great on the interstate. I drive 50 miles one way to work and the car rides smoothly, and has great visibility.

Awesome car
By misharaj on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

This car is awesome.

COOL Car!!
By Martin4s on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like the Car so far. I even did the Touch of Class option for the interior and exterior because I am impressed. 2000 dollar Fed. tax write off. It has a good take off punch (gets out of any intersection dilemas). Great Mileage. Is it reliable? Time will tell.. My first impressions are that it has Honda integrity. I am a previous Honda Owner as well.

Bought Because of Sept. 11...
By Jack Mitch on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the Civic Hybrid to help fight back after the "when you buy drugs, you're supporting terrorism" ads on TV made me realize that "when you buy gasoline, you're supporting terrorism." As it turns out, the hybrid is such a terrific car that I would by it again even if it wasn't the right thing to do. I haven't missed my fancy German sports sedan one bit. The hybrid handles nearly as well, has excellent acceleration and braking, an incredibly quiet and comfortable ride, luxurious but not ostentatious interior, and makes me feel quite virtuous driving it.

More car than I expected
By adscurry on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is not what I expected. It is more powerful than I expected and far more fun to drive. Even with 3 adults and the air on I have more than enough power for highway driving. Dash blue lights, with some digital read outs, are beautiful and climate control works great. I am 6' 2" but find it has plently of head and leg room. I enjoy the driving experience and how slowly the gas gauge drops. I have never owned a small car but after adjusting to sitting low to the ground, I am completely confortable. Lots of safety features, a smooth ride, and loaded with options without adding any to the sticker.