2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Not All Civics are created equal
By macwindows2002 on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

What a crap vehicle. I wish I would have read the Reviews in Car and Driver or Road and Track before I bought this KIA with a Honda badge. What crap!

Best Honda Civic
By George956 on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a pleasure purchasing this car

Satisfied Owner
By RC101 on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I switched from my Dodge to a Honda mainly because of it's reputation. The car's mileage is only slightly better and as far as ride and performance. I sacrificed design for reliability. There is a very minor rattle somewhere in the dash which kept me from giving it a 10 in both the "Build Quality." I also gave it a 9 in "Reliability" since I haven't owned the car for too long, but my neighbor did have problems with her brakes when she first got her Civic two years ago. For the higher price I paid I really didn't want to here any rattles. I'm satisfied with my purchase and I'm expecting it to pay off in the long run since it holds it's value well.

great car
By LA Mikey on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car, i only put 150 miles on it so far, but its fun to drive but i think its really underpowered, i should have gotten the manual trans. but otherwise i love this car, its fun to drive, economical and the epa is awesome!!!

The best car yet
By asutt on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the best car I have had. It handles as well as any other car in its class, and is fun to drive.

Best car I ever owned
By John Williams on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The quality of this car is unbeliviable. I always thought I'd stick with american made cars but this car unquestionable beats the competition by a long shot.

Every one should drive a Hybrid..,
By Davdes on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is awesome. Very comfortable to drive, smooth quiet ride, seamless technology. My favorite thing about this car is the time and money I save passing by all the gas stations!!! (650 miles between fill ups)

Much Better Than Expected
By HybridLover on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Honda Civic Hybrid far exceeded my expectations. It's got a surprisingly smooth and quiet ride, excellent acceleration, and a different sort of "feel", -- hard to describe, you have to test drive it. It just doesn't feel like a small car, and sometimes doesn't feel like a car at all. For example, it NEVER shifts, or you can say it always shifts (the continuously variable trasmission), but you never feel anything.

Hybrid Owner
By JasonLev on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have about 2000 miles currently with lifetime MPG of approximately 42 Great car, luxury line for Honda Civic, just take a look at the EX and compare. Cost is an issue, but remember that there is currently a $2000 Federal tax rebate and the improved savings on fuel. Also, the state of Maryland does not charge sales tax on low emmisions/alternate fuel vehicles, so I saved about $1000 there as well. I recommend this vehicle to anyone, young or old, as an intelligent and responsible choice - just keep in mind it's not a sports car.

Great car
By TCH on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was thinking about buying a new Toyota Corolla when I saw an ad from a Los Angeles County area Honda dealer selling its Civic Hybrids for under dealer's invoice. I went there, test drove and bought it. It's all what the reviews say about it -- very confortable, quiet, peepy performance, good quality in fit and finish.