2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
It works.
By pbruijn on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Unless you have some type of phobia about being on the road in a small vehicle alongside all these SUV's, this is the car for you. It has great gas mileage,is affordable, reliable, and fun to drive. The only complaint I have is the ill designed rubber front spoiler flap which has come off in both our Civics.

I Love The Civic
By Moses Chung on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I originally purchased the vehicle because of it's design. I love the exterior look of the Civic Coupe. But since I've purchased the car, I'm more satisfied with all of the features and performance that this Civic offers for its price. The car has reliable pick- up when I hit the accelerator, it's interior is comfortable, and all of the dials and switches are nicely integrated into the dash. Now, don't get me wrong, the car could use some more horsepower but for the price at which the car is offered, I think it's probably the best car on the road out there for its class.

This car worth the extra cost
By Cool Canuck on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive the Hybrid in the city and on long trips. Gas mileage is fantastic, although I lose the Autostop when the outside temp is below 32F. Recent trip through Cdn and US Rockies was impressive for handling and fuel consumption. The electric boost is great for passing, but on long mountain climbs the battery does run down so you are left with the gas motor alone. Haven't had any really cold weather so will have to see how it does in minus 30

Another Honda.. Another Satisfied Custom
By swolfram on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

12k miles and I'm still loving it. Drives great. Gets great mileage

All doubts vanished
By BSB on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was skeptical at first about performance and comfort, but after one test drive all of my doubts had been resolved. There is plenty of room for taller drivers (myself 6'3"), and with four adults riding along with the A/C full blast we were still able to comfortably pass other cars on the freeway. I've received many compliments on the blue/silver color of the exterior, along with the styling and brightness of the dash. This is definitely a good car to pick up if you need a high-mileage vehicle that will save you some gas money year after year.

Best car in the world!!!
By username81 on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

That's right, this is the absolute best bang for the buck in the world! VERY quick, and perfect for traffic driving; almost no blind spots at all. I've only had mine for about 9,000 miles now, but I've enjoyed every mile of it. It also gets GREAT mpg for a "sports" car (38+hwy - 32+city). If you want a car to add performance parts to, this is also your car. I think they sell almost everything you can think of for a Civic. Finding stuff that's in stock on a Civic this new is a little hard though, but I'm not complaining...

Real good "little" car
By Civic Minded on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is only two weeks young at the time i'm writting this but the early feeling is this is a pretty solid compact car.It handles reel well and has more pep than i though it would have for a 4 cyl..My only complaints so far are drivers seat headroom the radio and road noise.I'm 6' tall and with the seat adjusted all the way down my hair just touchs the headliner which is a little annoying so i have to recline the seat back a little more than i like. As far as the road noise is concerned a change of tires will probably take care of it. Last but not least the raido. Weak,weak,weak.If you like a sound system with balls this one will need an upgrade.

Best Car - Honda Civic LX 2003 - Fun!
By Mehul on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Honda Civic LX 2003 is very good car to own. Only one thing I don't like is noise on Highway. Need improvement - reduce out side noise. - add ABS I was Toyota's lover- Since last 15 years. This Year I have tested HONDA - It worthed to by Good quality car.

Hybrid Civic Kicks Amps
By --dave on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Not a muscular car especially, but a true performer in all areas. My favorite is the handling, which made my choice easy over the opponent Prius. The electric variable-assist steering is exceptionally tight and exact, and the rest of the car follows it superbly with crisp handling, stiff chassis and just enough feel of the road; very comfortable seats and interior. Instrument panel is accessible but not distracting while driving, and gives lots of feedback if you wish to maximize fuel economy or minimize emissions. Bravo to Honda for not underestimating our ability to understand and apppreciate the technical details behind the dashboard gages!

Not All Civics are created equal
By macwindows2002 on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

What a crap vehicle. I wish I would have read the Reviews in Car and Driver or Road and Track before I bought this KIA with a Honda badge. What crap!