Used 2003 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My new car
By Shortykins

2003 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for only a month now and so far I love it. For the price I got it for, I was very satisfied with the standard features it came with, such as CD player, sunroof, and VTEC engine. However, I do not like the fact that the seats constantly have lint on them, the car gets shaky once you hit around 70 mph, and that leather wasn't an option. Also, being short, I find that the headrests in the backseat do obstruct view somewhat. Aside from this, this car has exceeded my expectations!

fun to drive, love the Blue color, GREAT gas mileage, big trunk

plastic interior gets scratched very easily, bigger radio buttons that don't seem so far away from the steering wheel

EX Honda Civic Coupe
By Jeff Stas

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Wonderful fit & finish. Roomy interior and comfortable. Little dissapointed in the fuel economy. Could use a 6th gear. Car revs around 3500 rpms at 70 mph. I heard the automatic model revs around 2500 rpms at 70 enabling it to get almost 5 miles more distance to a gallon of fuel. Best value and resale in it's class!

Suspension, comfort, and interior room.

Need more power and a sixth gear in the manual transmission. Also, better tires. The 680's are pitiful.

I know you will LOVE it.
By JennaStl27

2003 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I decided I needed to get a car that was 100% reliable, had good gas, and affordable. I looked and compared for a LONG time. I ended up buying a 2003 Honda Civic. I am in LOVE with it. Save your time looking at other vehicles. I get great gas mileage, and everyone compliments me on how they love my car. The inside is really neat, the dashboard lights up orange and purple. I was surprised how much room there was. All of my passengers have plenty of leg room. I feel very safe driving my Honda.

This car drives VERY smooth. The interior details allow plenty of storage too. Gas mileage, comfort, and I get free car washes for life at my honda dealership! The car looks classy, and has a great stereo system.

The car doesnt block out sound from the outside. It is easy to hear other cars driving as well as your own. I dont mind it, but some may.

2003 Hybrid review
By fidlcat

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

. I commute about 70 miles daily - mostly on "country roads" averaging about 50 -55 mph with, with only 5-10 of these miles being "city" driving. I am very pleased with this car. I average approximately 50 mpg and have not had any mechanical problems. I enjoying seeing how far I enjoy trying to beat my last mpg and am hoping to get the 600 mile tank as some other owners have reported being able to do. Thus far, I can get about 500 - 550 per tank. In spite of a few issues I have listed in the "suggested improvements" section, I am extremely pleased with this car and would buy another.

Thegas mileage , the cruise controls on the steering wheel - so you can decelerate and not have to cancel the cruise and the auto-stop feature.

Seats provide very little by way of shock aborbtion and lumbar support. Arm rests should actually be high enough to use them. Would like front de-fog that works without AC. AC automatically goes on when I use the front defog - reducing my mpgs when it rains.

Can't go wrong...
By pjssesco

2003 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked around at many different cars and found that the Si was the way to go. I'm 6' and I'm comfortable in this car with plenty of room all around. Car isn't the quickest but has more than enough pick up to get you where you're going. If you choose there are plenty of modifications to add the extra H.P. if that's a problem. I have no complaints about this car.

Color (vivid blue), Rally shifter, seats are comfortable. Location of controls.

More H.P. and torque would be nice but I've received enough tickets with this car so maybe that's not a good idea for me. I'm a fan of H.I.D headlights.