Used 2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Civic SI
By thatlhgirl27

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my civic si, although it was recently totalled. But it held up very well! I am extremely impressed and cannot wait to get my new si once their insurance company pays for the old one.

I love where the shifter is.

Excellent Buy, Fun to Drive
By FrankStall0ne

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I walked into a Honda dealership, and decided to test drive a Civic EX Coupe. I hated it. I couldnt believe the lack of power, lack of amentities, and high sticker price the car held. As I began to walk away disappointed, my salesman suggested the Si. I wasn't too keen on the clumsy post-modern hatchback design, but once I drove it I couldnt say No. The car has tons of torque, an incredibly solid front end, a smooth shifter, and a sexy sporty interior. I also feel that the car is a steal for what im paying - $3000 out of pocket, and $200 a month for 4 years.

Beautiful interior, really cool shifter placement (its in the middle of the dash!

Needs a little more power....... i got smoked by a Volks GTI, an embarrassing defeat...... perhaps an extra 20 or so horsepower would do this car justice.

Still figuring it out
By mikeyg

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a fun car to drive. i test drove all similar cars on themarket and this was by far the best. Comparisons, RSX, GTI. This car has all the features you need. Great city car.

Gear shifter.

I had a beter stereo in my Focus ZX3, a little disappointing. The tires should be upgraded to 16". There should be a door lock on the passenger side. The doors need a strong push/pull to close which is a little annoying when you start driving and you realize door is not closed.

I love this Civic
By Molly Jo

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Whenever I go through drive through restaurants, people ask me about this car. What gets them talking initially is that the gear shift doesn't rise from the floor but from out of the dashboard. This car's got so much pickup -- owing to the V-TEC engine and the relatively light weight. I owned another Honda Civic Hatchback for about 10 years prior to buying this one.

The stick shift is my favorite feature. Speed (pick up) is also great. Cup holders are good, too. Front end looks like a bullet.

When you view the car from a short distance, you can see part of the unfinished metal frame beneath the door & side panels. When I first bought the car, I though that there was some sort of a strip missing from the bottom. I've since confirmed that it's the same on all of them.

FYI
By Si_Gn

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For all those "up NORTH" There is a way to disable the A/C when you turn on defrost.Turn all dials(3) all the way to the left press and hold in A/C and recirculate buttons at the same time switch on ignition and wait for light on button to start blinking...there you go all set!A/C free defrosting!