2003 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
03 CIVIC Si
By NEEK on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at many cars on the market. Honda has a reputation for reliability. Even though this car may have ~10HP less then some of it's competitors, I belive that the car is a better overall package then the competition. You can easily make 10 more HP out of this motor with a few cheap mods. If you want fast straightline accelerating car, then this car is quick. But I have driven faster 4cyl. The overall package (interior, handling, performance, and reliability) plus the fun factor made this an easy choice for me. I have over 4,000 miles and am even happier with it then the day I bought it...

Very Nice Car
By Benjamin Garcia on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the greatest!

Very nice, fun and comfortable
By ahhhonda on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a great buying experience with this car, and Edmunds TMV helped out too. I ended up paying Less than TMV. This car has been a blast to drive, even while still breaking in the engine. I've had nothing but positive comments from friends and family. The only thing I've noticed about this car so far is how the electric assist steering feels different, but it's easy to get used to. I would highly recommend this car to someone who enjoys having a small 'peppy' car. It's no drag racer, but it's certainly quite fun to drive.

SI LOVERS
By SDC R21 on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE THIS CAR, THE HANDLING THE SHIFTER, JSUT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HAS COMMENTED ON IT... IT'S A NEW FEEL AND NEW LOOK. THE SEATS HOLD ME IN PLACE WHEN I'M FLYING THROUGH THE TURNS. ONLY THING I DONT LIKE IS THE TIRES, THEY CHIRP IN 2ND AND THE WHEELS NEED TO BE A BIT BIGGER. I DID HAVE ONE PROBLEM THE MOONROOF LEAKED.. HAD TO BRING IT BACK...BUT THEY DID THAT QUICK AND GOT IT BACK TO ME

2003 Civic SI
By 373500 on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the car for about 6 weeks already have put 2,000 miles on it. Each day the car becomes more fun to drive,fit and finish quality are excellant, don't listen to the negative reviews, buy one and you will love it.

Well screwed together
By Mark Mayes on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because I started a new job and had to commute. My previous car was a 2002 Altima 3.5 which I really enjoyed driving especially from the acceleration point of view. Had many fit/finish and quality problems with the Altima, but not the Honda. Its completely reliable and everything fits together as it should. Gas mileage is excellent.Its a lot of fun to drive, but could definately do with another 20 horses under the hood to make passing more relaxing. Amazed at how high the engine revs and how quiet it is at such high revs. Definately a car thats more in touch with the road and as a result can be tiring to drive over long hauls.

Not the fastest, but the best in class
By SHAKEnBAKE on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Some people says the new Si is slower than it's predescessor, it's not. Although it has the same number of peak HP (160), power is present earlier on lower rpms, making this car far more driveable than the 00 model.

I just like hachbacks
By Honda Boy SiR on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I started out convinced that i'd never like a japanese car. I was in the market for a sub-compact hachback, so i gave it a test drive. My whole outlook on japanese cars changed that day. The Civic SiR (Civic Si in america) hase a very nice short throw "raly style" shifter and exelent throtle response. It corners as if on rails and sports some of the best front seats in any car. The sterio is quite impresive for a facory unit, the rear seat is surprisingly roomy. All in all: this is one sweet ride.

SI really buitl European
By honda boy on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car. I wish I could say the same for the dealership, Brad Barker in Bloomington, Il. My experience is they are very dishonest and the used car sales manager has a temper like I have never seen from a professional.

this is an economy car?
By wai2fast on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

800 miles on the odometer and I am still smiling everytime I drive this car. The suspension is a bit harsh on NYC streets, but then again what suspension isn't in this city? I'm really impressed with how the car feels so connected to the road. I've driven other econoboxes before (Corolla, Impreza) and none of them have the same "feel". The front seats are second only to the ones found in more expensive German models.