2003 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
My blue smurf
By Zoe777 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car the only thing that gets me is that I have had my driver door tumbler replaced and I need it replaced again. It is fun to drive reliable and really cute. I have had alot of fun putting a few custom things on it and everyone knows it is my car when I drive down the street.

2003 Honda Civic EX
By madmjennifer on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun, reliable car that I plan to have for many years. Although I've only had it for a little less than a year now, it hasn't given me any problems and I would still buy it if given another chance.

After 40,000 miles...
By tlanci on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

After 40,000 miles, my Hybrid is still a solid, comfortable ride. Not a performance vehicle, but a good commuter car. I have been somewhat disappointed in mileage compared to the ads/EPA. On my 80 mile round-trip flat highway commute (70-80mph) the car averages 38mpg. Slowing down really makes a difference, at 55 mph, it gets closer to 52mpg. I'm still having fun learning to tweak the mileage, and I am slowing down. So far, great reliability, no mechanical problems at all.

winner all around
By ezeovd on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I can sum it up in a few words, best investment i ever made worth ever penny of the monthy payment.

civic lover!!!
By darthchu on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

this is my 4th civic, but my first brand new one! there's not much to be said that already hasn't here about this great car. great looks (inside and out), fuel economy, reliability. you expect quality from honda and they delivered. it's pretty peppy for only having 127 horses and i never stop for yellow lights anymore ;) it's been 6 months now and the excitement of having a new car still hasnt worn off yet! it's still a blast to drive!!!

Thanks to this great car!
By Civic_Mike on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. This is my second new model civic; my first was a '02 LX. That car saved my life. The accident crumpled and ruined the car, but at least I’m still alive, if it didn’t crumple I’d probably have died. Took the money I got from their insurance and bought the EX. If you’re deciding between the two models GET THE EX. I have an automatic, but there is still a nice difference in the engine, and the ABS is nice too (especially for insurance). The only thing I don’t like is how easily the panels dent! But I love the reliability. Car looks great with the sunroof visor and spoiler, but visor limits sunroof’s opening a lot.

Best of both
By HappyHX on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my HX Civic for a year now and I thank Honda for making such a great car for people who want to be environmentally friendly without sacrifice. The lean-burn V-tech engine is amazing in that it produces good power and the best gas mileage of any non-hybrid car in the U.S. You have to rev it up to get it to go, but it happily revs to redline and spins the front wheel in second gear. The transmission is silky smooth and I love the styling inside and out. And I saved $6k by not getting the hybrid. Smart car.

Great car
By Jas88 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first honda civic. I've always wanted one and now i finally have one. Its a beautifull car inside and out. The attention to detail is very good for this class of car. the Engine is good with the available 5 speed and should be mandatory with EX model. The shifts are very smooth and crisp, one of the best 5 speeds around.

my new commuter
By Oddchip on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Civic, our third, to replace the '90 SHO I just wrecked. I knew what to expect, and was not disappointed. It's a fun car, inexpensive and well made. I wish Honda would make an EX for old guys like me though. I immediately spent $3K on wheels, tires, springs and sway bars. I like an automatic, but I also like to go fast.

Civic EX coupe manual
By bmidd31 on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car and gets the job done. The engine is peppy with the 5 speed but a dog with the auto I test drove. I have about 6000 mile on it now and the only complaint I have is the crappy firestone tires that come stock. The interor looks great compared to my 95 and tons of upgrades!!! Overall great car!!!