Used 2003 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 586 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Watch Out For That Tranny
By Adam

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We take good care of our car. We put low miles on it every year. At 65,000 miles the transmission should not fail. To make it worse, Honda has no interest in making it right. Be very cautious when buying this car. There may not be many complaints about the '03 transmission now, but they're about to come of age. Do a search for '01 transmission problems and start saving for the impending rainy day. Don't say you weren't warned.

Love the moonroof. Great sound system.

Make a reliable transmission.

Satisfaction Survey for my 2003 Honda
By Judy Flanders

2003 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the car prior to this car six years age, a 1996 Toyota Camry, at the same dealership, Phillipsburg/Easton Honda, and was very pleased with that car as well. I put my trust in this car dealership. I enjoyed driving my Toyota during my ownership. This car, my Honda Civic, is so much fun to drive ( it has a sun- roof). Thank you for the opportunity to voice my review.

Easy to drive, it has a sun-roof, the color red, very good gas mileage, decent trunk space, it has an alarm system that works.

Because I am use to my Toyota, I am still getting use to a little smarter car.

Honda Civic 2003
By Inrm

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2004 with 32,000 miles. It has now 150,000 miles and still runs GREAT. Fuel economy is awesome. I drive a lot and I've taken my car everywhere and we've never had a serious problem with it. Of course, we keep it well maintained. The most serious problem I've had with it, was when I had to replace a part of the engine that cost almost $1,000 dollars. we also had to replace the radiator, but this is a very reliable car. I love it!

Everything

A Convert
By Lockemup

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently purchased a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid, though I had to get rid of my ever so fun to drive G35 the car is remarkable with respect to fuel efficiency. The layout of the car is simple, just like all Hondas. The power is on the low side, but lets face, we buy these cars for one reason and that's fuel economy. I wouldn't care if I had to get out and push the car up a hill (which it almost seems like I have to do living in Upstate NY), as long as I'm getting my 50 MPG let every other car pass me on the road. I'm purchasing a new set of Cooper GFE (LRR) tires and I'm hoping to eek out a few more MPG.

The one thing I find interesting is when the IMA system is engaged the estimate fuel economy drops. I would expect that when the electric motor kicks in the fuel economy would increase similar to other hybrids.

Honda Dependable
By Ray

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Civic I have owned, my first was a '98. I bought a Civic for the 2nd time based on my first one; great fuel economy, reliability, and maintenance. Both of my Civics have given me 38-40mpg (mix of city and hwy driving) The only problem I have ever had was on my '98 civic was around 200k, when I had to replace spark plugs, wires, and distributor cap. ~$600. Otherwise, just regular care. Oil changes (every 5k) Tires (around 70k) and fluid flushes starting at 100k. I highly recommend a Civic, regardless what year. My 2003 Civic may be basic compared to a brand new car, but it does its job, and I'm very happy with it.

Mileage! I love laughing at my girlfriend when she tells me shes only getting 28 mpg in her brand new(2011) Fusion. 40 mpg with gas at $3/gallon is nice. Illuminated dash is super nice and sporty.

I wish it had bigger wheels. My Civic is equipped with 14" wheels. Looks small even on a smaller car. Wish they were stocked with "15.