2003 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Excellent Buy, Fun to Drive
By FrankStall0ne on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I walked into a Honda dealership, and decided to test drive a Civic EX Coupe. I hated it. I couldnt believe the lack of power, lack of amentities, and high sticker price the car held. As I began to walk away disappointed, my salesman suggested the Si. I wasn't too keen on the clumsy post-modern hatchback design, but once I drove it I couldnt say No. The car has tons of torque, an incredibly solid front end, a smooth shifter, and a sexy sporty interior. I also feel that the car is a steal for what im paying - $3000 out of pocket, and $200 a month for 4 years.

Still figuring it out
By mikeyg on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a fun car to drive. i test drove all similar cars on themarket and this was by far the best. Comparisons, RSX, GTI. This car has all the features you need. Great city car.

I love this Civic
By Molly Jo on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Whenever I go through drive through restaurants, people ask me about this car. What gets them talking initially is that the gear shift doesn't rise from the floor but from out of the dashboard. This car's got so much pickup -- owing to the V-TEC engine and the relatively light weight. I owned another Honda Civic Hatchback for about 10 years prior to buying this one.

FYI
By Si_Gn on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For all those "up NORTH" There is a way to disable the A/C when you turn on defrost.Turn all dials(3) all the way to the left press and hold in A/C and recirculate buttons at the same time switch on ignition and wait for light on button to start blinking...there you go all set!A/C free defrosting!

new si
By rusty on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Thsi is fun to drive(feels like a race car)that brings me to issue #1 the steering is fine at low speeds but way to heavy at highway speed -an adjustment of the variable power steering unit will be something I may undertake.

WOW!
By Si_Gn on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After so many cars that were fine in what they did I gave myself a treat and put all the fun back into the driving experience!Not since I was first licensed have I had such a silly grin when I'm behind the wheel driving for driving sake, not just to ferry kids arround!

What a Find!
By B-Dog on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Many have likely overlooked the Civic Si, what with the SVT Focus, Mini Cooper S, Mazdaspeed Protege and the like. Mistake! It has all the typical Honda niceties, such as terrific build quality, great instrumentation, superb materials and a sweet shifter. More than these, though, the Si has torque, seats, space, a nice stereo, a great steering wheel, and you don't see them all over. The torque is a welcome upgrade from my old Miata - at 60 MPH on the highway in 5th you can just accelerate. In the Miata, dropping down to 4th was a must, if not 3rd! And the engine is so smooth that it must be felt to be believed.

Can't go wrong...
By pjssesco on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked around at many different cars and found that the Si was the way to go. I'm 6' and I'm comfortable in this car with plenty of room all around. Car isn't the quickest but has more than enough pick up to get you where you're going. If you choose there are plenty of modifications to add the extra H.P. if that's a problem. I have no complaints about this car.

THE NEW SI
By SIchick on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful car. It is great to travel in due to it's compact design. It is easy to clean and keep up with also. The part that i love the most is that not to many people have them yet, so it makes you stand out some.

fun fun fun fun
By oldcargotstolen on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, everything is in its right place, sporty but streetable, great handling, decent power, great suede seats (recaro) :) , everything comes standard---------> Awsome car!