Used 2003 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

GREAT CAR
By texashonda

2003 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I think it's great. I bought a used 2003 4dr Lx with 119,000. And it works great and drives smooth...( Although I did notice my Transmisson stick was loose found out it was pretty common no biggy cost $15 at Honda.. **** I also feel a slight slip in the Trans but maybe im not use to it the Trans shifting ****

Basic and all you need for a great price... A to B car...

Make the Transmisson stronger to last longer...

Honda is the Best
By hondaisbest3

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have been told million times how good Hondas are. I have experienced it myself now. I purchased 2003 Honda Civic in 2004, It has been 7 years now with 172,000 mileage and this CAR still runs like brand new. Civics just don't break. I have been driving this car ALOT but still it's really good. NO serious/Major Problems. After driving Honda Civic, I will never ever think of buying anything but Honda. All my friends who purchased Fords had too many engine & transmission problems with their cars. Honda is the Best.

Reliability, Cheap on Gas, Civics just don't break

Premium Audio System, More luxurious interior such as heated leather seats, etc

Almost didn't Buy...Thank goodness I did
By mechwiz1

2003 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I will be short with this review. Les is more sometimes. I bought this car with 104000 miles on it. Dealer made me pay 9000 for it. To me it was worth every penny. The car after four months of commuting 120 miles round trip is fantastic. It now has 120,000 miles on it and i am convinced it runs nearly as good as new.

Quick handling, Great airconditioning, poweful line four engine, reliabilty, Maintainabilty. too many other things to mention here. Lack of vibration. Roomy interior for such a small car.

Would love to have an overdrive for those long road trips. The engine would handle it just fine.

Great car for the money
By mattshu

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned my 2003 Civic Hybrid for 2 years now and so far its been a great car with only a few minor problems. The Good: Handles great Luxurious interior (compared to other non-luxury cars) Extremely quiet 45mpg The bad: Transmission fluid needs changing every 2 years IMA battery will start to degrade after 7 years Seats are very stiff, its like sitting on a bench Overall the car performs well as a daily driver, and if you aren't looking to set Nurburgring lap records you'll be satisfied with its performance. Even though it is less reliable than a standard civic the blue book value is lower, making it a better value when you factor in the better gas mileage.

Ok for first 120K
By hawkmud99

2003 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Original owner with 130K on this car. Have never missed any preventable maintenance. Transmission need to be replaced at 80K(under extended warranty). Only replaced a calliper until 120K. Since then, I've had to replace bushings, trans mounts, & O2 sensor.