2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Satisfaction Survey for my 2003 Honda
By Judy Flanders on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the car prior to this car six years age, a 1996 Toyota Camry, at the same dealership, Phillipsburg/Easton Honda, and was very pleased with that car as well. I put my trust in this car dealership. I enjoyed driving my Toyota during my ownership. This car, my Honda Civic, is so much fun to drive ( it has a sun- roof). Thank you for the opportunity to voice my review.

Honda Civic 2003
By Inrm on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2004 with 32,000 miles. It has now 150,000 miles and still runs GREAT. Fuel economy is awesome. I drive a lot and I've taken my car everywhere and we've never had a serious problem with it. Of course, we keep it well maintained. The most serious problem I've had with it, was when I had to replace a part of the engine that cost almost $1,000 dollars. we also had to replace the radiator, but this is a very reliable car. I love it!

A Convert
By Lockemup on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently purchased a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid, though I had to get rid of my ever so fun to drive G35 the car is remarkable with respect to fuel efficiency. The layout of the car is simple, just like all Hondas. The power is on the low side, but lets face, we buy these cars for one reason and that's fuel economy. I wouldn't care if I had to get out and push the car up a hill (which it almost seems like I have to do living in Upstate NY), as long as I'm getting my 50 MPG let every other car pass me on the road. I'm purchasing a new set of Cooper GFE (LRR) tires and I'm hoping to eek out a few more MPG.

Honda Dependable
By Ray on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Civic I have owned, my first was a '98. I bought a Civic for the 2nd time based on my first one; great fuel economy, reliability, and maintenance. Both of my Civics have given me 38-40mpg (mix of city and hwy driving) The only problem I have ever had was on my '98 civic was around 200k, when I had to replace spark plugs, wires, and distributor cap. ~$600. Otherwise, just regular care. Oil changes (every 5k) Tires (around 70k) and fluid flushes starting at 100k. I highly recommend a Civic, regardless what year. My 2003 Civic may be basic compared to a brand new car, but it does its job, and I'm very happy with it.

The best car ever
By nick869 on 08/30/10 08:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

My honda is the best compact car that feels like I'm driving a sport. Safe, fun (drifting ha ha), and great fuel economy.

Still love my Civ
By Zigger1962 on 08/11/10 12:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in July 2003, have put 110k miles on in the last 7 years. Perfect little car for a guy like me looking for a reliable economical commuter. 36- 38 mpg on 50 mile round trip commute. 2- 3 times a year I travel to Tennessee and I always get 41-43 mpg on the trip, traveling 75-80 mph. That makes me happy, has been fairly trouble- free. Shop been saying for the last 3- 4 years that the front struts need to be replaced, but way too expensive, letting it go for now. Had to have the thermal protector for the a/c compressor replaced, wasn't too expensive. Front brakes done last year, rear brakes still pass inspection. Due for the 110k timing belt replace ($$$) : ( but overall a great car!

Good car
By manfrombklyn23 on 08/10/10 16:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Great car! After 7 years of owning this car, I have only replaced the struts, mirrors, gas cap lid cable, change draw spring and replaced washers underneath driver seat to stop it from rocking back and forth. Besides that I have done 1 tune up, change tires twice and the obvious oil changes. I figure thats all pretty normal stuff considering I am at 93,000 miles. This car has never stalled out, overheated or not started up. I would def purchase a Honda again.

Love it still
By civic man on 08/09/10 20:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 03 civic in may of 03. My car now has 145,000 miles on it and the only thing I have done is change the tires, brakes, and batt. The power lock does not lock my driver door anymore but not to worried about that. I still get about 32 mpg in town and 40 on the road. I could not ask for a better first car, after 7 years I would not even think of trading it. Amazing car!

Still running with new parts
By Bigtaka1 on 05/17/10 14:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my civic used in 2005 with 37K miles and now have 158K. I have been a stickler with scheduled maintenance and have averaged between 33 and 38 mpg. I go on long drives once a month and it does well, but the seats are uncomfortable and you feel every pebble and crack and on the road. I replaced the ignition coils at 120K, the clutch at 153K and the head gasket replaced at 155K, which was hard to diagnose as the symptoms lead you to think the issue is elsewhere (overheating and heater malfunctioning), and the dealership was clueless. Otherwise it has been good to me. I would recommend buying this car, but if the miles are high look for one with new head gasket!

Decent but not great
By McSteve on 05/09/10 16:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a pretty good day to day driver but the attention to detail is been lacking. Fuel economy is great and 7 years later feels tight and drives like new - but it is not without its issues. After two weeks of ownership, the interior fabric fell off the doors and need to be reglued. Stabilizer links failed at 80,000 km. Air conditioner failed at 90,000 km (55,000 miles). Exhaust manifold was cracked at 100,000 km (63,000 miles).