2003 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2003 Si
By Mike T on 12/22/04 14:18 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car, fun to drive. Not the quickest of its class (spec v, cooper s, RSX) but responds well to modifications, if speed is your thing. Excellent build quality for such an inexpensive car. City mpg is outstanding(almost 30), thanks to the improved iVtec system.

Sporty and practical
By Nick on 12/10/04 15:57 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If VW's GTI is too square or the new Mini S is too pricey, the Civic Si is for you. To be honest with you the MINI is a lot more fun to drive with go cart feel. But for the price you can not beat the Si. Very solid fit and finish through out and very reliable. I was in a car accident in mine and we rolled. The Civic saved my life. The area aroung the driver remained intact.

Godd Value
By Big Joe 11 on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not a street racer but it is very fun to drive. The price and the usual reliablity of Honda made this an excellent buy!

fun car
By ghst99 on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new but the previous model year. It's been a great car so far although the side panels seem to get dinged very easily when people parked next to you open their doors and hit the car. I was also rear-ended by a large F-250 on the highway going about 5-10 mph and the bumper held up better than I could have imagined.. I was expecting the worst but all I saw was two small dents in the back bumper.. no damage underneath.

03 civic si
By combustion on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great style and proud to have a traditional si

03 civic Si
By allmtrep3 on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

awesome car. fun to drive, handles great for a stock car. extremely happy with my purchase.

Great Car
By Maid Service Car on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After six months I can say I made no mistake buying this car. Lots of fun, not too childish, reliable, and a looker.

Fun and well priced. A drivers car.
By mugen00 on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the privilidge of driving many cars from Geos to Ferraris and NSXs. The Si is hands down one of the most fun and solid-feeling cars I have driven. It feels like it's on rails. Picked mine up for $16k and would do it all over again if I had to. Its Reliability, fun factor, efficiency, and performance far overshadow its few shortcomings. After having had 4 other Hondas I considered other makes, but few lived up to my 98 Prelude that I was replacing. For anyone looking for a new car I would highly recommend you at least look at this car.

Best hatchback in the US
By BryanCivic on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Civic Si drives like a go-cart, has great feel, is 1000 lbs lighter that VW Golf(power-weight ratio)and that you can feel. The exterior is very Euro, and I rarely see any others here in WI, so that's always a good thing, especially since it's a Honda and there is no shortage of non- hatches around. Overall, I still can't believe the amount of car I got for the money. Thanks to all the SUV suckers, us car buyers reap mucho savings.

Civic SI
By thatlhgirl27 on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my civic si, although it was recently totalled. But it held up very well! I am extremely impressed and cannot wait to get my new si once their insurance company pays for the old one.