2003 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Wow, what a car...
By ISD on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a fantastic car ... I had a Mazda Protege for 3 years and really liked it - before I drove the Civic! I spent one month test driving every conceivable small car and the Civic Sedan LX is miles ahead of them all. My wife drives a Nissan Maxima and the front passenger leg room in the Civic is almost the same as in our Maxima! Incredible space for a small car. I love the dashboard and gauges.

civic2003
By mannych on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

a great car in all aspects.gives excellent fuel mileage and superb handling.nice interiors and styling. gives you value for money.

2002 Civic 2dr 5spd rallyered
By kbsexyman on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

very good quality car, most reliable on the market.

2003 Civic LX
By ChadSWA737 on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Finally Honda improves fit, finish, and build quality closer to new VW Jetta and Passat. The 96-2001 Civics felt cheap, and had poor build quality. Ever had to replace a 5spd transmition in a 97 Honda Civic? I did. Only gripes I have after 3000 new miles on the 2003 is that the power steering to heavy/muted. Honda listen up..... No car of this price or quality should be without ABS. In short much better than the previous model, however Honda still needs to sit the Civic and the Accord for that matter next to a VW Jetta or Passat and compare every detail. Recomended if money is an issue.

So Far So Good
By mcolburn on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Just got the EX 5Sp this weekend. I'm happy with it so far. Got it for about $15800. I suggest you contact the "Internet Department" at your dealer for the best "deal". Tempe Honda will get my referrals, everyone was helpful, no pushy salesman, and they were concerned about getting me out of there fast. Plus I got 1.9% for 60Months

I'm in Love with it!!
By Honda Civic Gal on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I much enjoy this vehicle. Not only is it a nice size with enough room but it also has a nice pick up and go power to it.

Worst Honda I've Had
By wondertrev on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

5th Honda/Acura I've owned, and certainly the worst. Had to have alternator repaired at 12K, and now the clutch bellows at 29K. The other Hondas I've owned have been bulletproof, but Car and Driver is correct about the quality control problems for this car. My sister isn't very impressed with hers, either.

Best Car - Honda Civic LX 2003 - Fun!
By Mehul on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Honda Civic LX 2003 is very good car to own. Only one thing I don't like is noise on Highway. Need improvement - reduce out side noise. - add ABS I was Toyota's lover- Since last 15 years. This Year I have tested HONDA - It worthed to by Good quality car.

Not All Civics are created equal
By macwindows2002 on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

What a crap vehicle. I wish I would have read the Reviews in Car and Driver or Road and Track before I bought this KIA with a Honda badge. What crap!

Satisfied Owner
By RC101 on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I switched from my Dodge to a Honda mainly because of it's reputation. The car's mileage is only slightly better and as far as ride and performance. I sacrificed design for reliability. There is a very minor rattle somewhere in the dash which kept me from giving it a 10 in both the "Build Quality." I also gave it a 9 in "Reliability" since I haven't owned the car for too long, but my neighbor did have problems with her brakes when she first got her Civic two years ago. For the higher price I paid I really didn't want to here any rattles. I'm satisfied with my purchase and I'm expecting it to pay off in the long run since it holds it's value well.