2003 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
03 Honda Civic LX
By brohieem on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Love it. It's exactly what we needed. We live in L.A., and the 5- speed makes the load of driving we do here fun and effortless. Great gas mileage, and lots of fun all around. Great stereo system. Could use a little thicker gauge steel for the body, but the safety ratings make us feel secure. My wife puts 50 miles a day on it back and forth to work, and it's just smooth as velvet. Thanks, Honda and thanks, Norm Reeves Honda of Hundington Beach for the great deal. Get the mud guards, the keyless entry/alarm, and an extended warranty, and you're good to go for several years.

troubles
By jweer on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

bought new in 2002, some major problems...paint, vibration that were not addressed by dealership. Comsumer Reports must be on the take from Honda, Toyota etc. Would much rather have a Ford focus, at least its fun to drive and Ford acknowlodges mfg. defects. Honda is just in denial

My Canadian Honda Civic
By GBCOMP_DOT_COM on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was not offered or even aware of driver side air bags. I already own a civic 2dr hatchback 96 and LOVE it for its reliability. I decided, why try and find a better car? The civic is the car!!!

Quick and tight, but needs refinement
By redly1 on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 01 Civic EX sedan 20 months ago and it is my daily driver. It took some getting used to, coming from a car with almost 100 more horsepower, but it is a very spirited little car. It's got great road feel and a great suspension. Interior design is sofisticated, but the exterior, specifically the rear view, needs some work. Seats are adequate, but don't plan on taking this car on long trips. The stereo is above average for factory. The Automatic transmission is sloppy, especially going into second.

Moneysaver
By S Larson on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is an amazing combination of economy and comfort. It has a huge interior given its exterior dimensions. It is a good interstate cruiser (on a round trip from upstate New York to Orlando I got 40-42 mpg despite sustained 70-75mph speeds!) and the driver's seat is outstanding given the car's price. There is passenger space and luggage room enough for four people on a long trip. Overall I definitely recommend this car. I'm originally from Sweden and have always driven German and French cars. This Civic beats them all, except the latest Peugeot 307 Diesel which is not offered here in the States.

An awsome vehicle . . .
By arijfroo on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We recently bought this car (actually an '02, but it is virtually identicle), it is an excellent transport. Compared to our '99 saturn sl, this car is quieter, roomier and much faster. The shifter and clutch are amazing, and the car handles well. I have two complaints. For a 6'4" driver, there is not enough headroom (I have a moon roof). Also, there is a little too much assist with the power steering.

In shop 5 times in 6 weeks
By js on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The review title says it all. I've owned the car 6 weeks and it has been in the shop 5 times. The build quality is *not* what I associate with the Honda name. This car has quite a few rattles. Also some of the carpet on the side of the trunk has already come off where a screw was missed. These are minor inconconveniences, but once again not the quality I expect from Honda.

In shop 5 times in 6 weeks
By JS on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

DONT BUY A HONDA
By Anonymous22 on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Front bumper chipping & rear trunk peeling. Body dents way too easily & has flimsy bumpers. Tires have terrible traction (firestone). Turning ratio is too small. Engine is gutless (no get up and go without redlining the engine). Dash always rattles when cold. Cheap cloth for interior. Substandard radio and speakers. Suspension and shocks are way to stiff (feel everything on the road). Small gas tank (fill every 3-4 days). Mats and trunk liner do not fit correctly for OEM. Transmission jerks when slowing down abruptly. Seat comfort is minimal.

Best Little Car On the road
By Wm. C. Zickefoose on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

One of the best compact cars w/ a 4- cylinder engine that I have ever driven. It is so quiet that you really can not even here it when it's running. I switched to this from 1996 Pontiac Firebird because of the Fuel Economy that you get with Civic. I really can not tell a difference between my old car and this one it is definitely an all around better car. I would have to say that it beats the competition hands down no contest.