2003 Honda Civic DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2003 Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Sort Reviews by

Honda Civic EX
By ace_canadian

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Great reliable car that handles the commute very well. Gas milage was a big reason I bought it and it has lived up to my expectations. The 5-speed is fun to drive with short tight shifts.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, definitely get the wind blocker on it though. Good cup-holders

Suggested Improvements

More power would be nice but it is not really necessary. Better factory speakers

love my civic
By chante chante

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

i love my little civic. it has performed wonderfully and has more power than i expected. i shopped around A LOT for mine and, like others, had the best experience from the internet division of my local dealer. not only was i able to avoid dealer expensive (and unnecessary) dealer add-ons, but i got a great price (below dealer invoice) without haggling.

Favorite Features

gas mileage. roomy backseat. power. tight steering. tons of standard features.

Suggested Improvements

daytime running lights.

Civic Review
By wvcivicman

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The Honda Civic is an excellent car, far surpassing the other cars in it's class, when considering original cost, trade-in value, and outstanding fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Interior design, excellent seats, large trunk capacity, excellent handling.

Suggested Improvements

Honda should make 4-wheel disk brakes and ABS as well as 15" wheels and tires standard on all Civics, or at least available at extra cost on LX models.

FIRST HONDA EVER!
By GUNSTAR1

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I HAVE HAVE SO MANY FRIENDS THAT DRIVE THEM BUT WE NEVER OWNED ONE UNTIL NOW.AS A THIRD CAR(WE ALREADY OWN A QX4 AND NISSIAN FRONTIER CREW CAB) THE 2003 CIVIC THAT WE BOUGHT IS A GREAT LITTLE CAR.WE GOT THE 1.9% DEAL FROM HMC AND FREE OIL CHANGES FOR THE LIFE OF THE CAR.HAD TO TAKE THE CAR BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP TO FIX THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS,I SPOKE TO THE TECH AND HE TOLD ME IT HAD A BAD WIRE MODULE FROM THE FACTORY.OTHER THAN THAT I WOULD SAY TO ANYBODY WITH CONVICTION BUY THIS CAR!!!!

Favorite Features

GREAT GAS MILAGE/CD PLAYER WITH CODE PROTECTED RADIO/CRUISE CONTROL/POWER WINDOWS/VERY COOL DASH LIGHTS

Suggested Improvements

PLEASE ADD ABS!!!!

This car is SWEET!!!
By djlbuddy

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My '95 Honda Civic DX was totaled. I decided the Honda Civic was still the best bang for my buck. The engine is so smooth, I can't tell it's running when I'm waiting for my order at Sonic. I have taken it through some paces at speed, and while it isn't a Ferrari, It handled well and I am confident in its abilities. Passing or using the fast lane in Houston is no problem, because the engine has great power in the upper gears (3-5). The seats are reeeaaally comfortable. There isn't much road noise, and the stereo works just fine. All in all, I have overwhelmingly positive comments.

Favorite Features

The VTEC engine of the EX. The fit and finish of the interior. The reduced road noise. The bucket seats are comfy. The safety features are just what I was looking for.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if the side aribag feature included one positioned at head level. I would have liked an alloy wheel option. It would be nice if the engine had more power in the lower gears (1 & 2).

Great Car...but what's with the radio.
By SameeJudge

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the EX, top of the line. It's a great car. But you would think they would put in an audio system that you could tune without taking your eyes off the rode. The buttons are so small I am contantly hitting two at a time. And don't even think of trying to play some old tapes, only comes with a CD. Again, with the EX you think Honda would of had a CD/Tape combo.

Favorite Features

Moonroof,antenna in the back window, service interval every 10K miles.

Suggested Improvements

Audio system.

Eight is NOT enough
By warnerjm

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

There are 8 Hondas (from Del Sols to Accord V6s with leather in our (extended) family and we're all very pleased.

Favorite Features

Economy, build quality, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Quiet the engine "buzziness" at 3500 RPM.

Can't miss with this!
By stealthy

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Fun and Stylish. Had one problem off the lot that was easily fixed. The driver's door lock was sticking. Not a problem.

Favorite Features

Most everything about the car is great. I really like the way the dashboard lights up. It adds some sportiness to the car.

Suggested Improvements

The front bucket seats are a little firm. Could be a little more comfortable.

Love my new car!
By baseball mom

2003 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I went to the internet for information before buying our new Honda Civic. We were looking for three things - reliability, safety and great fuel mileage. We found all three in our new Civic. My family of 4 fit quite comfortably in our new car. With Honda's history of reliability, we are looking forward to passing our new Civic on to our daughter when she leaves for college in 4 years.

Favorite Features

We love the fuel mileage. At 38 miles to the gallon, who can complain.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders in the back of the car would be nice for the kids.

Honda LX
By Happy Thus Far

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, it's all been said. If you are looking for a realible, well built, humble looking car that is reasonably fun to drive, this is it. I have measured gag mileage at 44 on the highway. The shifter is silky smooth. The instrument panel is sharp looking. I have owned and driven other Civics, and the 2003 has the same solid dependable feel but with more refinement. Keep up the good work, Honda!

Favorite Features

Backlit instument panel. The dash. The shifter -- placement, function, and appearance. Gas mileage, reliablity, and safety. Appearance. Mutliple compartments with covers. Interior styling and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

ABS brakes. Standard remote keyless access (or a universal lock on passenger door) and alloy wheels. Better stereo controls.