2003 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda Civic EX
By ace_canadian on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Great reliable car that handles the commute very well. Gas milage was a big reason I bought it and it has lived up to my expectations. The 5-speed is fun to drive with short tight shifts.

love my civic
By chante chante on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

i love my little civic. it has performed wonderfully and has more power than i expected. i shopped around A LOT for mine and, like others, had the best experience from the internet division of my local dealer. not only was i able to avoid dealer expensive (and unnecessary) dealer add-ons, but i got a great price (below dealer invoice) without haggling.

Civic Review
By wvcivicman on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

The Honda Civic is an excellent car, far surpassing the other cars in it's class, when considering original cost, trade-in value, and outstanding fuel economy.

FIRST HONDA EVER!
By GUNSTAR1 on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I HAVE HAVE SO MANY FRIENDS THAT DRIVE THEM BUT WE NEVER OWNED ONE UNTIL NOW.AS A THIRD CAR(WE ALREADY OWN A QX4 AND NISSIAN FRONTIER CREW CAB) THE 2003 CIVIC THAT WE BOUGHT IS A GREAT LITTLE CAR.WE GOT THE 1.9% DEAL FROM HMC AND FREE OIL CHANGES FOR THE LIFE OF THE CAR.HAD TO TAKE THE CAR BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP TO FIX THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS,I SPOKE TO THE TECH AND HE TOLD ME IT HAD A BAD WIRE MODULE FROM THE FACTORY.OTHER THAN THAT I WOULD SAY TO ANYBODY WITH CONVICTION BUY THIS CAR!!!!

This car is SWEET!!!
By djlbuddy on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My '95 Honda Civic DX was totaled. I decided the Honda Civic was still the best bang for my buck. The engine is so smooth, I can't tell it's running when I'm waiting for my order at Sonic. I have taken it through some paces at speed, and while it isn't a Ferrari, It handled well and I am confident in its abilities. Passing or using the fast lane in Houston is no problem, because the engine has great power in the upper gears (3-5). The seats are reeeaaally comfortable. There isn't much road noise, and the stereo works just fine. All in all, I have overwhelmingly positive comments.

Great Car...but what's with the radio.
By SameeJudge on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the EX, top of the line. It's a great car. But you would think they would put in an audio system that you could tune without taking your eyes off the rode. The buttons are so small I am contantly hitting two at a time. And don't even think of trying to play some old tapes, only comes with a CD. Again, with the EX you think Honda would of had a CD/Tape combo.

Eight is NOT enough
By warnerjm on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

There are 8 Hondas (from Del Sols to Accord V6s with leather in our (extended) family and we're all very pleased.

Can't miss with this!
By stealthy on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Fun and Stylish. Had one problem off the lot that was easily fixed. The driver's door lock was sticking. Not a problem.

Love my new car!
By baseball mom on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I went to the internet for information before buying our new Honda Civic. We were looking for three things - reliability, safety and great fuel mileage. We found all three in our new Civic. My family of 4 fit quite comfortably in our new car. With Honda's history of reliability, we are looking forward to passing our new Civic on to our daughter when she leaves for college in 4 years.

Honda LX
By Happy Thus Far on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, it's all been said. If you are looking for a realible, well built, humble looking car that is reasonably fun to drive, this is it. I have measured gag mileage at 44 on the highway. The shifter is silky smooth. The instrument panel is sharp looking. I have owned and driven other Civics, and the 2003 has the same solid dependable feel but with more refinement. Keep up the good work, Honda!