2003 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Car!
By jcj2p on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Civic and I couldn't be happier! I love this car. It has so many great features at a very reasonable price, which was a big seller since I'm a college student. Plus, I got the 1.9% APR financing, so it is very affordable.

Smooth as silk
By abimeus on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I got this civic coupe in jan of '03 ..since then the only problem is the windshield washer which is kind of sissy at higher speeds when it sprays. car is lot of fun ...I used to drive a souped up saturn stick before i got this one and a Mitsu Mirage before that and drive the sentra every now and then but well when it comes to driving fast without making a fuss the sentra gxe is no match it feels its going at 100 when its just doing 60 while its the other way round in the civic

perfect
By Branson Maxwell on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I like the vehicle, it has done very well since I have pucrhased it. I will recommend to my friends to buy one

my first honda
By joelsb6735 on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

fun to drive excellent performance and handling.

Pros and Cons
By JackRileySD on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is an excellent small car, with the emphasis on small. If you are over 6 ft. tall you cannot sit in the back of this car without hitting your head on the roof. Also, the sunroof cuts off another couple of inches in the front, so once again 6 ft. + is very tight, but you can get another inch or so if you lower the seet all the way. Apparently, the 2003 have a rougher idle than the 2002's or at least that is what the dealership is telling me. I have not had it in yet, but the idle is annoying.

Buy an HX Coupe
By Cat Man on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl CVT)

It was hard to find this car, but it was worth the hunt. The HX gets 44 mpg on the road and comes standard with alloy wheels, CD player and more, so in my opinion it's the best Civic and really looks good in the blue metallic color with a spoiler. I got the 5 spd and it's pretty peppy and like all Honda's, it's very solid (no rattles at all). Probably the best thing however is still the gas mileage. If you want a fun, solid, economical coupe, consider the Honda Civic HX coupe, if you can find one.

Great Car for the Money
By Moocow_jc on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

It's a great car with good fuel economy and it's fun to drive. I had trouble dealing with a Honda Dealership and them not wanting to cover a repair under warrenty and that's about it the metal should be thicker to easy to get a door ding.

ITS A HONDA,/ E-NUFF SAID
By BIZZY_77357 on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE CAR AND THERE IS ALOT AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT, WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE ON THE PERFORMANCE SIDE, AND ONE MORE TIME ITS A HONDA

Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla
By Bett1e on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

My actual test drive of the Honda Civic: The ride was loud, the acceleration was great past 50. The car hesitates at start up and pull off. The brakes seemed a little too soft (I actually was nervous). The styling looks almost good but it doesn't look so good that you know it automatically when you step to the car. The creme interior is just ugly. The interior looks cheap but the steering wheel is better than the Honda Accord. The sunroof doesn't add anything to the car. Based upon my test drive, I would definitely choose the Honda Civic over the Toyota Corolla

Excellent Choice
By nikki on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Its been very reliable, and fun to drive. Its a lttle stiff as far as performance goes, but the fuel economy makes up for it big time!