2003 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
sold on the technology
By Nancy on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This technology is definately the future and I'm proud to be a part of the experiment. It is fun to try to get the best mileage you can out of a tank of gas and rewarding to know that you are doing what you can to reduce pollution.

Comfort and mileage
By carmennbob on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had an Insight for 7 months and enjoy it. The Civic Hybrid has surprised and pleased us. It is very comfortable and we still get about 50 MPG.

sold on the technology
By nancy on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Great commuter car
By Happy user on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I must acellerate to cross lane on the interstate within .25 miles and enter the interstate with a short ramp. The car perform very well and does not cause me concern about excelleration.

Clean Machine
By McScarry on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This Hybrid is a great city car and performs well on the highway. It is small enough to park in the tightest street spots, but big enough for my 6'3", 250lb boyfriend, or 5 silly girls on a Saturday night. Trunk is big enough for a set of golf clubs +. It handles very well. Terrific turning radius. Very comfortable. Plenty of umph to get on the expressway or cruise to Ohio. I am getting 39-41 mpg. Love the safety features and that the cd player and cruise control are standard, although the speakers need an upgrade. Did expect a little better gas mileage, and would have loved a sun roof. All in all, I love my clean machine.

This car worth the extra cost
By Cool Canuck on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive the Hybrid in the city and on long trips. Gas mileage is fantastic, although I lose the Autostop when the outside temp is below 32F. Recent trip through Cdn and US Rockies was impressive for handling and fuel consumption. The electric boost is great for passing, but on long mountain climbs the battery does run down so you are left with the gas motor alone. Haven't had any really cold weather so will have to see how it does in minus 30

All doubts vanished
By BSB on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was skeptical at first about performance and comfort, but after one test drive all of my doubts had been resolved. There is plenty of room for taller drivers (myself 6'3"), and with four adults riding along with the A/C full blast we were still able to comfortably pass other cars on the freeway. I've received many compliments on the blue/silver color of the exterior, along with the styling and brightness of the dash. This is definitely a good car to pick up if you need a high-mileage vehicle that will save you some gas money year after year.

Hybrid Civic Kicks Amps
By --dave on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Not a muscular car especially, but a true performer in all areas. My favorite is the handling, which made my choice easy over the opponent Prius. The electric variable-assist steering is exceptionally tight and exact, and the rest of the car follows it superbly with crisp handling, stiff chassis and just enough feel of the road; very comfortable seats and interior. Instrument panel is accessible but not distracting while driving, and gives lots of feedback if you wish to maximize fuel economy or minimize emissions. Bravo to Honda for not underestimating our ability to understand and apppreciate the technical details behind the dashboard gages!

The best car yet
By asutt on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the best car I have had. It handles as well as any other car in its class, and is fun to drive.

Every one should drive a Hybrid..,
By Davdes on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is awesome. Very comfortable to drive, smooth quiet ride, seamless technology. My favorite thing about this car is the time and money I save passing by all the gas stations!!! (650 miles between fill ups)