2003 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Needs further gas mileage testing
By GPSSLP on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car has been a great buy for me with only one down turn. They advertise that it averages 48 mpg city and 47 mpg highway, but I haven't even been there yet and I have 5000 miles on the car. I average 38 mpg which is good, but not good as advertised. The rest of the car is great.

Got It Yesterday
By ccitybll on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

So far, so good.

Low Trying to Increase the MPG
By Roberto Gonzales on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought the Honda Hybrid because we like new technolgy. With gas prices cripping up to $2.00 a gallon, fuel economy is greatly helping finance the car. Fun to drive. Great to show off. I love my Honda Hybrid. Not even a whisper of a problem. The first time the idle stop kicked in at a light I pulled the joke on my friend -- oh no, my car died. Can you push? Buy it!

Traded my S2000 for a Civic Hybrid
By kanop44 on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

After my first 1000 miles I can't find anything I don't like about this car. Next month It will be loaded up with wife and 2 dogs for a road trip to Florida. It will be nice to pass by all those gas stations. This car could use a few more options, but I'm not complaining. It is well equiped and I'm adding an aftermarket navigation system and MP3 player. There is no sunroof option. Suddenly I have alot more uses for it than my S2000.

Honda Civic Hybrid has Flaws
By mwollman on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I purchased the Honda Civic Hybrid because I thought it would be reliable and get outstanding fuel economy. I was sorely disappointed. Instead of getting the 48 MPG as advertized, I never get more than 38 MPG, even under gentle driving conditions. The undercarriage protective plate is made of cheap plastic, instead of steel as on conventional cars. This plate falls off under normal driving conditions at a cost of $65, which is not covered under the warranty. Dearler customer service is poor. I do not recommend this car.

I am well pleased
By DavidR on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only owned this car for a couple of weeks but have already put 1500 miles on it. I am a large man and yet am very comfortable in it. Easy to get into and out of. I am surprised by the exceleration. It is better than I expected. Runs equally well in the city and on the highway. MPG do drop above 70 but that was to be expected. They are still far better than my prior car. I have read several comments for the need of a sunroof. That would hinder the airflow. I am glad it does not have one. That way I won't use it.

I am well pleased
By DAVIDR on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

No fuel cells yet? Next Best...
By faka on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Fun to watch the mpg panels, great to get up to 55 mpg! Feel like you're putting your money where your mouth is, to save gas and lower emissions. Smooth ride, peppy, Honda quality. Very quiet. I have only had Accords before, but this one is fine. Solid feel, smooth transitions. For once, I get a new car and I don't suddenly see them everywhere, unique! But this would be good...

fun to drive
By jose on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

the car is fun to drive.

Great Car
By skabob on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I don't understand people's neg. reviews for this car. It's been absolutely great for me. Probably just a few Americans that are jealous because the japanese make better cars.