Used 2003 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Canadian SE Special Edition model
By duke_wa

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this Civic 5-speed manual transmission SE model. It seems very practical and comfortable. Everything works and the car is 10 years old. Seating is comfortable, driving view is excellent, power is adequate with the manual transmission. This one was in excellent condition and I hope to keep it for the next 5 years. I really like the biege and brown interior. The dash is a nice quality, it doesn't look cheap. Also easy to park and the rear seats fold flat. The clutch is very intuitive as well.

Favorite Features

Engine, 5-speed transmission, size, quality, economical.

Suggested Improvements

Wouldn't mind power windows on my model, but I'm fine with the crank windows, one thing less to go wrong. A driver's right arm rest would be nice, too.

Honda is the Best
By hondaisbest3

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have been told million times how good Hondas are. I have experienced it myself now. I purchased 2003 Honda Civic in 2004, It has been 7 years now with 172,000 mileage and this CAR still runs like brand new. Civics just don't break. I have been driving this car ALOT but still it's really good. NO serious/Major Problems. After driving Honda Civic, I will never ever think of buying anything but Honda. All my friends who purchased Fords had too many engine & transmission problems with their cars. Honda is the Best.

Favorite Features

Reliability, Cheap on Gas, Civics just don't break

Suggested Improvements

Premium Audio System, More luxurious interior such as heated leather seats, etc

Ok for first 120K
By hawkmud99

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Original owner with 130K on this car. Have never missed any preventable maintenance. Transmission need to be replaced at 80K(under extended warranty). Only replaced a calliper until 120K. Since then, I've had to replace bushings, trans mounts, & O2 sensor.

Satisfaction Survey for my 2003 Honda
By Judy Flanders

2003 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the car prior to this car six years age, a 1996 Toyota Camry, at the same dealership, Phillipsburg/Easton Honda, and was very pleased with that car as well. I put my trust in this car dealership. I enjoyed driving my Toyota during my ownership. This car, my Honda Civic, is so much fun to drive ( it has a sun- roof). Thank you for the opportunity to voice my review.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive, it has a sun-roof, the color red, very good gas mileage, decent trunk space, it has an alarm system that works.

Suggested Improvements

Because I am use to my Toyota, I am still getting use to a little smarter car.

Honda Civic 2003
By Inrm

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2004 with 32,000 miles. It has now 150,000 miles and still runs GREAT. Fuel economy is awesome. I drive a lot and I've taken my car everywhere and we've never had a serious problem with it. Of course, we keep it well maintained. The most serious problem I've had with it, was when I had to replace a part of the engine that cost almost $1,000 dollars. we also had to replace the radiator, but this is a very reliable car. I love it!

Favorite Features

Everything