2003 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Canadian SE Special Edition model
By duke_wa on 05/02/13 20:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this Civic 5-speed manual transmission SE model. It seems very practical and comfortable. Everything works and the car is 10 years old. Seating is comfortable, driving view is excellent, power is adequate with the manual transmission. This one was in excellent condition and I hope to keep it for the next 5 years. I really like the biege and brown interior. The dash is a nice quality, it doesn't look cheap. Also easy to park and the rear seats fold flat. The clutch is very intuitive as well.

Honda is the Best
By hondaisbest3 on 11/02/11 07:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have been told million times how good Hondas are. I have experienced it myself now. I purchased 2003 Honda Civic in 2004, It has been 7 years now with 172,000 mileage and this CAR still runs like brand new. Civics just don't break. I have been driving this car ALOT but still it's really good. NO serious/Major Problems. After driving Honda Civic, I will never ever think of buying anything but Honda. All my friends who purchased Fords had too many engine & transmission problems with their cars. Honda is the Best.

Ok for first 120K
By hawkmud99 on 06/07/11 13:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Original owner with 130K on this car. Have never missed any preventable maintenance. Transmission need to be replaced at 80K(under extended warranty). Only replaced a calliper until 120K. Since then, I've had to replace bushings, trans mounts, & O2 sensor.

Satisfaction Survey for my 2003 Honda
By Judy Flanders on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the car prior to this car six years age, a 1996 Toyota Camry, at the same dealership, Phillipsburg/Easton Honda, and was very pleased with that car as well. I put my trust in this car dealership. I enjoyed driving my Toyota during my ownership. This car, my Honda Civic, is so much fun to drive ( it has a sun- roof). Thank you for the opportunity to voice my review.

Honda Civic 2003
By Inrm on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2004 with 32,000 miles. It has now 150,000 miles and still runs GREAT. Fuel economy is awesome. I drive a lot and I've taken my car everywhere and we've never had a serious problem with it. Of course, we keep it well maintained. The most serious problem I've had with it, was when I had to replace a part of the engine that cost almost $1,000 dollars. we also had to replace the radiator, but this is a very reliable car. I love it!

Honda Dependable
By Ray on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Civic I have owned, my first was a '98. I bought a Civic for the 2nd time based on my first one; great fuel economy, reliability, and maintenance. Both of my Civics have given me 38-40mpg (mix of city and hwy driving) The only problem I have ever had was on my '98 civic was around 200k, when I had to replace spark plugs, wires, and distributor cap. ~$600. Otherwise, just regular care. Oil changes (every 5k) Tires (around 70k) and fluid flushes starting at 100k. I highly recommend a Civic, regardless what year. My 2003 Civic may be basic compared to a brand new car, but it does its job, and I'm very happy with it.

Still love my Civ
By Zigger1962 on 08/11/10 12:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in July 2003, have put 110k miles on in the last 7 years. Perfect little car for a guy like me looking for a reliable economical commuter. 36- 38 mpg on 50 mile round trip commute. 2- 3 times a year I travel to Tennessee and I always get 41-43 mpg on the trip, traveling 75-80 mph. That makes me happy, has been fairly trouble- free. Shop been saying for the last 3- 4 years that the front struts need to be replaced, but way too expensive, letting it go for now. Had to have the thermal protector for the a/c compressor replaced, wasn't too expensive. Front brakes done last year, rear brakes still pass inspection. Due for the 110k timing belt replace ($$$) : ( but overall a great car!

Good car
By manfrombklyn23 on 08/10/10 16:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Great car! After 7 years of owning this car, I have only replaced the struts, mirrors, gas cap lid cable, change draw spring and replaced washers underneath driver seat to stop it from rocking back and forth. Besides that I have done 1 tune up, change tires twice and the obvious oil changes. I figure thats all pretty normal stuff considering I am at 93,000 miles. This car has never stalled out, overheated or not started up. I would def purchase a Honda again.

Decent but not great
By McSteve on 05/09/10 16:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a pretty good day to day driver but the attention to detail is been lacking. Fuel economy is great and 7 years later feels tight and drives like new - but it is not without its issues. After two weeks of ownership, the interior fabric fell off the doors and need to be reglued. Stabilizer links failed at 80,000 km. Air conditioner failed at 90,000 km (55,000 miles). Exhaust manifold was cracked at 100,000 km (63,000 miles).

93,000 miles and counting
By UncleTurbo on 03/14/10 19:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Civic new with the intention of keeping it until either it goes or I go whichever comes first. I was just short of 55 at the time and in very good health so I wanted a car with staying power, that was sporty, fun, and economical. So far, perfect choice. The Civic delivers super gas mpg, I get over 40 mpg on expressway trips and always over 30 mpg, and generally average 35 mpg. No repair issues; one strut replaced under warranty ages ago, front brakes at 75K miles, and otherwise regular maint. Handles great, VTec motors hits with more power above 3,500 rpm, a budget sports car. It can take 4 people anywhere in comfort with their luggage. Just a practical and enjoyable car.