2003 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Love my EP3
By tomjaaahallo on 01/01/13 20:50 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Si in may 2012 with 140k and now it has 154k. This was the first car I've bought with my own money, and I am extremely satisfied. The 2.0L 4 has just enough hp to have fun but still is capable over over 30 mpg highway. The shifter is very easy to use and the handling is very responsive. Most of all, this car is extremely reliable. I have only needed brakes put on the car after purchasing, other than that no problems have surfaced. The best way to sum up this car is deceptively quick, deceptively room y (especially the rear seat), and deceptively reliable. I will definitely look at another Si when the time to get a new car comes, but for now I am extremely happy with my '03!

Almost didn't Buy...Thank goodness I did
By mechwiz1 on 08/10/11 22:18 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I will be short with this review. Les is more sometimes. I bought this car with 104000 miles on it. Dealer made me pay 9000 for it. To me it was worth every penny. The car after four months of commuting 120 miles round trip is fantastic. It now has 120,000 miles on it and i am convinced it runs nearly as good as new.

Long live the si
By si lover on 03/29/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great! I've driven it for a few years now and I'm ready to buy a new one. The handling is great on cornering with the right tires. Acceleration isn't amazing, but hey it's a 4 banger. The only complaint is the cost to repair. Nobody has parts and most people don't even know what kind of car it is. If you're a young kid and you want something with low maintenance and fun to drive this is it. Or if you live in a city it's so easy to park. Great little car! Owning this car has made my wife and I Honda enthusiasts.

Canada SIR
By tommy b on 06/29/08 23:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm from Canada and bought Canada version of si hatch. Bought the car in August of 07, it's an 03. Nice car with lots of room had 3 people and snowboards inside. Would definitely recommend. Horn cut out about a month ago along with Cruise control. Brakes are great and so is handling. Stock rims could be bigger/nicer, I got aftermarket rubber and rims. Ground fx package is nice. Drives good in all weather, sunroof is good. Recommend winter tires. This is a great car with sporty handling, keep revs high and car is plenty fast. Great on gas and sound system is great for stock. Don't think I will ever buy anything other then a Honda. Car takes real

Can't beat a Honda
By chuck on 10/17/07 08:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Never had a problem with the car. Gas mileage is great still get 29 on the highway. Never had it in for any work. I drive it a 100 miles a day and its just as fun to drive now as it was when I first bought it. I'll buy Hondas from now on.

My two cents
By jen on 09/27/07 10:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Japanese car and my first manual shift car. I bought it used (31000 miles) from a private party because I was looking for a used 2-door hatch-back gas saver with low mileage and light color (very specific am I?). GTI and Civic Si were my only options. GTI lost out in fuel economy (heavier car) and was mostly sold by dealers. I got lucky to find this babe. 8 months later I can say that I made a great choice! The reasons: 1. fuel economy (not at Prius level but kind enough to my wallet) 2. you don't see many of them on the road, unlike the Civic 4-door sedan 3. smooth and fun to drive 4. hatch-back (why don't they make hatchback anymore?)

Buy it
By mrmas on 02/09/07 13:58 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Outstanding car. Plenty of power, great stiff ride, German feel, good fuel econ. about 27mpg avg. I have had this car since it was brand new, and I will drive it until the wheels fall off. Of the cars in this class, this is the best one. Hatch is handy. Deceptively roomy. Great seats and steering wheel. Brakes are better than average for Honda.

Honda Civic Si
By jordanwells57 on 12/03/06 19:33 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well what can I say. It's a honda civic Si. So it's going to last forever and it's a fast for an economy car. It's not going to win any races with a Mustang or big V8 or V6. It's not built to do that. It is built to last, run with min maint and fuel eff. It provides both, most I should have to pay for repairs in a given year is $600- 700 and that is all the way up to 150,000 miles. It will more than easily make it there. I'm coming from a Honda Accord 2001 V6, 101000 miles. Now the 01' would beat my new civic. But the fun to drive factor can't be denied. The civic is a blast, not to mention when I'm running it up to the red line at 6800 rpm I'm still able to get 27-30 mpg.

Not just for kids
By skrause on 10/21/05 16:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I admit, I'm not that young anymore, but I still like economical, fun-to-drive cars that will last. I have owned my Si new just over 2 years and have 57,000 miles on it. It is by far the most comfortable long-distance car I have driven. The handling is superb, the seats are comfortable yet sporty, the ergonomics are excellent. I average 30 MPG and my experience with dealerships has been very good. I think the leg room in the rear is better than the Jetta, and the utility of the hatch is terrific. The overall feel of this car is far better the price I paid for it. This is definitely an overlooked value.

Honda Si's forever!
By Dave on 01/24/05 07:53 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third Civic Si and the 16th Honda (not including my Honda motorcycles) that I have owned. It may be viewed by some as a kid's car, but I am not a kid. To others, the exterior design may seem a little "funky" but I love it. Best of all, I really like the performance for the price in combination with decent fuel economy and the complete relability of a Honda. My last Si had 180,000 miles on it when it was "retired" by a careless driver. Otherwise, I would still be driving it! Dollar for dollar, you can't beat them!