2003 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
It has survived me so far with 200k+
By C Read on 03/11/10 13:16 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've enjoyed driving the car, mileage is great, especially since I drive a lot of miles, but I have had my problems with the car: alternator went at 90k, the trans had a bearing go at 135k (replacement required), paint started peeling at year 4, ECCM (computer) went at 197k, the fabric on the doors started coming off (glue degraded). The engine is still. Though this car hasn't been as worry free as hoped, but with the high mileage accumulated as quick as it was, I would say it has handled as well could be expected with any car, I'll compare my next car when I get one, until then.

No complaints
By PA commuter on 07/18/09 19:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Sorry to hear about all the transmission problems. I have 83k on mine and no signs of auto tranny slippage. Averaging 35mpg city and 40+ highway. I've found that if you drive above 70 on the highway, mpg declines dramatically. Bought the extended warranty in august of 2003 and never used it. Only complaint is that I'm replacing the brake pads every 25k miles without intensive use.

2003 Honda Civic LX
By 2003 Honda Civic LX on 12/27/08 11:34 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car from a used car dealer about 1 year ago, and have not had any problems whatsoever. I will say that the seats aren't all that comforting for long rides and the default radio system lacks, but aside from this, no complaints. Overall, this car is very reliable.

I love this car!
By Tony on 08/25/07 15:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Extremely well built car. Manual trans scoots around. So far I've had nothing go wrong or need to be fixed or even adjusted. I just put Michelin tires on it and it changed the ride dramatically for the better. If I had known this I would have done it when I bought the car. The OE tires were weak but didn't wear out quickly. Well, one issue is that the CD player can heat up on a hot day and cause a crackling on the audio output. To me it has been a minor issue that I've ignored. I've experienced this on other cars so.....What can you say about a car that has never had a single problem in over 4 years?

As reliable as they come
By Paul on 07/11/07 22:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned my Civic for over 3 years. Never had a single problem with it. I was rear ended a couple times for minor damages. The rear bumper is sturdy and does its job well. Gas mileage is good averaging about 28 mpg. Car is extremely responsive to weight change, you will definitely feel a change in how the car handles with extra weight on-board. Sound system is slightly above average.

Very happy
By drew on 06/27/07 14:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car looks great inside and out especially the lighted dash. It is very reliable and gets good gas mileage. My first tanks of gas have given me 36,32,29,35 and 36 mpg with the last two being mostly highway during the summer. The most important thing about this car is the peace of mind it gives me knowing Honda’s reputation for quality. But, this car is not fun to drive or comfortable (although I’m 6'2" and fit fine) and is definitely underpowered. The car is also really loud. I still recommend this car though.

No maintenance!
By plasticized.cohort on 05/18/07 10:46 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in '03 after my '01 civic was totalled. I've loved it dearly and I'll be passing it down to my baby sister even with 60K miles on it. I have NEVER had any work done to it. It's cute and sporty with the optional spoiler.

Great Car
By HondaCiv on 11/02/05 19:17 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car used, to replace my '97 Accord. I really like this car. it has about 25k miles on without even the hint of a problem. Ironically enough I was rear ended (correction- Plowed through) 4 days after I bought the car. I was rear ended at about 30 mph by a brand new Chevy Malibu. Her car was totalled. Mine had 7k worth of damage. I am very impressed at how well my Civic stood up in that accident for being such a small car. Anyways, it took them about 3 weeks to fix my car and its as good as new. If your looking for a semi-inexpensive car that has very low operating cost, high reliability and is also fun then go with a Civic. You just can't go wrong with a Honda

The best car I have ever owned.
By RoadWarrior on 08/26/05 13:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I decided that enough with the poor reliability and poor service I got with a domestic car, I decided I want some peace and comfort. And the Honda delivers. High quality build, very good looks, fuel economy that is second to none( I average anywhere from 30 mpg to over 40 mpg, just depends on how heavy my right foot is), excellent handling, and an interior that was designed right. Very fun to drive. And when I went for service, the dealer treated me the right way. No more domestics..they have lost me forever!

My blue smurf
By Zoe777 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car the only thing that gets me is that I have had my driver door tumbler replaced and I need it replaced again. It is fun to drive reliable and really cute. I have had alot of fun putting a few custom things on it and everyone knows it is my car when I drive down the street.