Used 2003 Honda Civic LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Canadian SE Special Edition model
By duke_wa

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this Civic 5-speed manual transmission SE model. It seems very practical and comfortable. Everything works and the car is 10 years old. Seating is comfortable, driving view is excellent, power is adequate with the manual transmission. This one was in excellent condition and I hope to keep it for the next 5 years. I really like the biege and brown interior. The dash is a nice quality, it doesn't look cheap. Also easy to park and the rear seats fold flat. The clutch is very intuitive as well.

Engine, 5-speed transmission, size, quality, economical.

Wouldn't mind power windows on my model, but I'm fine with the crank windows, one thing less to go wrong. A driver's right arm rest would be nice, too.

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr 5spd
By 2003 Civic LX 4dr

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car 5 months ago and basically love it. I've had no problems with it thus far, and have adjusted my driving habits to pull in an average of 43 mpg (40 city, 47 hwy). Recommended car for anyone.

Blue dash lights, interior design, and fun to drive. and gas mileage.

easily scratched, gotta do something to fix that...

Very Reliable For Me
By GBradburn

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the car now for over 5 years; over 80K miles. No mechanical problems at all and fairly good gas mileage. I bought this car for the gas mileage, easy to park/maneuver in city traffic, and it's reliability. All three held true. Needs just a little bit more room for those drivers over 6 feet tall.

Gas mileage, exterior look, and performance.

A little bit more leg room for the driver... otherwise not much else.

This is my civic 2003
By Superino

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in November 2006 having 14000 miles, now after 15 months I have almost 28000 miles. Since I have the car I'm obsessed by the road noise. I put a blanket in the trunk and I changed the Dunlop sp20 fe tires with Michelin x-radial dt, big improvement, tires are not so noisy anymore and don't squeal on turns. Still if I ran more than 65 mph (sometimes less) I can hear the wind, if it rained I have the sensation that I have the doors open and I hear all the noise, when the water is splashing under the car it's unbelievable how clear you can hear it. The doors starts to shake when listening music with heavy bass. The car starts to shake when the AC is on. Noisy engine.

I like the steering wheel look, compared with older Honda models, could be smaller though.

Stop the noise. Wider tires. Put more gears on automatic.

great value
By Jeem

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, good on gas, needed struts after only 40000 mi. Had brake shake in the front and grinding in the rear. Three year/36000 warranty isn't very good.

Gas mileage.