2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Canadian SE Special Edition model
By duke_wa on 05/02/13 20:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought this Civic 5-speed manual transmission SE model. It seems very practical and comfortable. Everything works and the car is 10 years old. Seating is comfortable, driving view is excellent, power is adequate with the manual transmission. This one was in excellent condition and I hope to keep it for the next 5 years. I really like the biege and brown interior. The dash is a nice quality, it doesn't look cheap. Also easy to park and the rear seats fold flat. The clutch is very intuitive as well.

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr 5spd
By 2003 Civic LX 4dr on 07/13/08 20:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car 5 months ago and basically love it. I've had no problems with it thus far, and have adjusted my driving habits to pull in an average of 43 mpg (40 city, 47 hwy). Recommended car for anyone.

Very Reliable For Me
By GBradburn on 04/02/08 20:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the car now for over 5 years; over 80K miles. No mechanical problems at all and fairly good gas mileage. I bought this car for the gas mileage, easy to park/maneuver in city traffic, and it's reliability. All three held true. Needs just a little bit more room for those drivers over 6 feet tall.

This is my civic 2003
By Superino on 02/09/08 19:55 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in November 2006 having 14000 miles, now after 15 months I have almost 28000 miles. Since I have the car I'm obsessed by the road noise. I put a blanket in the trunk and I changed the Dunlop sp20 fe tires with Michelin x-radial dt, big improvement, tires are not so noisy anymore and don't squeal on turns. Still if I ran more than 65 mph (sometimes less) I can hear the wind, if it rained I have the sensation that I have the doors open and I hear all the noise, when the water is splashing under the car it's unbelievable how clear you can hear it. The doors starts to shake when listening music with heavy bass. The car starts to shake when the AC is on. Noisy engine.

great value
By Jeem on 10/21/07 16:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, good on gas, needed struts after only 40000 mi. Had brake shake in the front and grinding in the rear. Three year/36000 warranty isn't very good.

Great car
By BT on 10/03/07 09:19 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car is fantastic - everything I hoped for. It's not a performance car, but you knew that. Great MPG, very comfortable in the front seat.

Love it!
By lilrabbi on 08/24/07 19:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a really great car. I have had no mechanical problems with it at all. On the highway (55 mph) my LX (not hybrid) gets 47 mpg! It is about 30 mpg around town. The only two problems I've had? The car is VERY noisy driving down the road. In the job I just left, I would drive three 1-hr roundtrips and two 4-hr roundtrips. It killed my back. My legs would be nearly numb when I got to work.

Lease turn in
By Gregg on 03/01/07 13:04 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Almost immediately upon delivery, I noticed I would get shocked when I would put the key in the door or touch the car. It was serviced under warranty twice; the shocks continued for the duration of my four year lease. I experienced no mechanical problems. But I did have to replace the original tires at 17,200 miles for wear. This was unexpected and costly! I drive less than 10,000 miles annually. My Civic was a comfortable drive even on long trips. It was roomy and had plenty of cargo space. It could have done better on gas in city driving. My only criticism, other than the tires, was that body was easily dented by shopping carts and I cracked the rear bumper on an snow bank.

so far so good
By lynne on 02/13/07 20:13 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

bought brand new, have had only minor issues. check engine light came on for no reason and would not go off, fuel filler door cable broke (2 days in the shop, covered by warranty), most recently (around 30-35K) it started making loud clunking noises when switching gears (auto transmission). had transmission fluid changed, seemed to help a little, but not by a lot. still takes a bit to get into gear and makes a noise, which makes me want to get rid of it before something happens. dealership says there is "nothing wrong"...? also, have had 4 flats in as many years. overall, recommended, but be ready for trans probs. also, body seems very easily dented and scratched, this has cost $$$$$$$

Love It!!!
By Amber on 08/10/06 15:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

i love my Honda its great on gas and its nice for long trips.