2002 Honda Civic 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Some good, some bad

2002 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Review

2002 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Some good, some bad
By scott_d on

2002 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In the 13,000 miles that I have owned this car, it used an average of 1 quart of oil every 600 miles. In addition to the oil issue, there is an annoying clacking noise in the A- Pillar that Honda says is the moonroof drain tube hitting metal, but after 28 visits to the dealership to fix this and other issues, it remains. The emergency brake does not hold on hills and needs to be adjusted every 1000 miles. I have seen these same issues from others, so beware of them and ask about these issues if you are looking to buy one. I had great hopes for this car, my first new car purchase, and have been pretty dissapointed. It looks great on paper...

Favorite Features

The seats are incomparably comfortable and supportive. This is a very practical and well designed platform - I just wish mine were built better.

Suggested Improvements

The oil consumption is a recurring theme in these reviews, as are dash creaks and poor hand-brake holding. These issues should be resolved to make this little car what it should be.