Perfect Car
By nutsnbolts1 on
2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
2002 that I purchased for $2K, Had to replace the cyl Head due to a Bad Camshaft, Now I'm re-ringing the whole motor at 163K. This Honda was not properly maintained, Owned by Teenager that hardly changed the oil. so I'm replacing all bearing, re-honing the Cylinders, The best part...I don't have to remove the engine, wish all cars where like this, makes my life very easy, Had it all torn down to the pistons less than 3Hours. Used Head pulled at 43k $250 Piston Rings, Rod Bearings, Head Gasket, Timing Belt, Tensioner, Waterpump $230. New Clutch $125. The Only other car I can rebuild as fast and cheap is my good ole Chevy 350. Love cars with simplicity in mind, everything else is wast a time.
Favorite Features
Save ton's of Money with This one, especially,High MPG no car payment and low liability insurance. Low Maintenance Cost! A Honda is actually cheaper to own than a Hunday. If I bought me a new one I would also have a ~400 a/mo car payment plus Full Coverage insurance + Gasoline
Suggested Improvements
Hondas are great cars, Civics are the most basic but the most reliable and user friendly. I would suggest a supercharger or Turbo like Mini Coopers. for lack of Get up n Go Performance.