2002 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Overall, seems to be a good ch

2002 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Review

Overall, seems to be a good choice
By Chris H. on

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Civic LX for one month now and it seems to have been a good choice for a car under $17,000 so far. The Civic ride is relatively smooth compared to the VW Golf (felt every bump on the road with that "tight" suspension) and Nissan Sentra. Acceleration is less than the Golf and Toyota Corolla, but better than the Sentra and for me, adequate. Gas mileage has been hovering in the 30-35 range so far, okay, I guess in this sad American car market where only a few cars can even come close to that. A couple of things starting to bug me which I'll touch on below

* The external appearance of the 2002 Civic is nice. Kind of a more European, BMW style. * The car handles relatively well. The steering and brakes feel good to me.

* More head room. I am 6'2" and there is about an inch between my head and the ceiling. * More leg room in the backseat area. Not as bad as the Golf, but still...not great. * Better extras such as a complete stereo, side air bags as standard. I * Larger front windshield.