2002 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Love it too much to give up!

2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Love it too much to give up!
By jess52006 on

2002 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 02 civic since it was brand new in 12/2001. I now have 104,000 miles on it. I love the 5 speed manual, makes it fun to drive. Only one major problem (brake booster $700 repair) since the few "new model quirks" were covered by original 3yr warranty. Average 38 mpg mixed driving. We have gone through 3 other cars in the life of this one and just can't give it up. I'll probably drive it until it dies (which could be another 200,000 miles!) Never once have had an oil change on time (like every 6,000 miles) and it's always at the correct level...even when I go wayyy over. :) I would recommend this car to anyone!

5 speed manual, surprisingly I like the manual door locks and windows (less to break!), GAS MILEAGE! Speakers are still kicking and sound pretty decent! Made it from WI to NC and back on 5-6 tanks of gas!

The original set of tires was AWFUL! (much better in snow/ice with good bridgestone's), pretty slow pickup with 5 people and a/c on... now a long term joke in our house.