Honda Fan
By Asa in Atlanta on
2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
We bought our 2002 Civic EX in Sept 2005 to replace my 1990 Civic EX that had been wrecked. The 2002 Civic had 85,800 original miles and now has 148,200 miles. I drive an average of 1800. This car has been excellent mechanically with no major problems. Gas mileage has been fabulous for an automatic: generally 33-34 in mixed driving. I averaged 36.5 on a 2500 mile trip in 2007 driving 65-70 mph. Only con is noise. I recommend putting premium tires on the Civic. My performance and handling greatly improved; the noise diminished as well.
Favorite Features
The instrument panel is well laid out. Surprisingly, it was similar to the 1990 model that it replaced. We also have a 2002 Odyssey with a similar layout. Consistency breeds familiarity - nice. The sunroof is a nice feature.
Suggested Improvements
Noise is a problem. I replaced the original tire with an econoline - mistake. The handling and noise were only fair. Then I put on premium M+S tires. Handling improved tremendously and the road noise abated. The same comment applies to our 2002 Odyssey.