2002 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Great bang for the buck

2002 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Review

2002 Honda Civic Coupe

Great bang for the buck
By Thad on

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

After sifting through several thousand ads/scams for used Civics, I lucked into a cream puff EX w/ 31,000 original miles, w/out a nick, dent, or scratch. (rally red -- GREAT color!) It's the best looking, best performing used car I've ever bought, and now that the weather is getting nicer, I'm loving my sunroof. I put a remote starter (mandatory in Michigan winters),and a new set of tires on her, and she runs flawlessly,without a single rattle. No, it's not a 328i, so handling and performance are held to a different standard. Also, I was surprised to find city mileage at only around 28mpg with the automatic. But I still love this little car, and better still, I love having NO PAYMENTS!

Body styling, sunroof, with new Toyo tires it handles phenomenally well in the snow, very comfortable driver's seat, great sound system (though I'm sure I'll be upgrading), and a HUGE trunk that extends into the car by folding down the rear seatbacks, allowing impressive storage capacity.

There must be a way to get better gas mileage out of the automatic trans...I really expected to get around 32 mpg in the city if I drove gently.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review