2002 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Be careful what you wish for

2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Be careful what you wish for
By Art O on

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my Accord in 2002 and got the new Civic. I wanted an economical and reliable commuting car for less money than another Accord. The Civic deliveres on that, but the comfort of my 1-hr (2x daily) commute has suffered a great deal. Within 1st 6 mos of ownership, the annoying sqeaks in the dash, doors and pillars started to creep up. Now they are a daily occurance. I tried everything, but they keep coming back. Too much road noise in the cabin makes the already- weak audio system even less enjoyable. Seats are not supportive for long commutes. I would rather own a solid and comfortable sedan with worse gas mileage.

gas mileage, very reliable (just change oil and gas up), good handling and power for an economy car, smooth engine, leg room in back, storage room in trunk.

too much noise (wind, tires and sqeaks), seat comfort, bad center armrest, cheap plastic on doors, weak audio system.