2002 Honda Civic Consumer Review: a good decision

2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.7L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

a good decision
By paathiker on

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I needed to replace my 92 Maxima with a bum tranny. My wife suggested we go to our Honda dealer and see the used Hondas and take advantage of the great certified used program. We saw two 2002 Civics, one EX and one LX each with 8,500 miles. The LX drove basically the same. I am very pleased with the deal Bobby Rahal Honda gave us. After factoring in a hefty trade, I think our actual purchase price was around $13,500. I think this is a good deal for a 2002 Civic with 8,500 miles and a better warranty than a new Civic. I do miss the V6 and ride of the Maxima, but my wife says I can drive the Accord if I need that big car ride again.

Very well done interior. Classic little Honda touches are still present in the new Civic (I like the little coin holder left of steering wheel. Car has a big feel in the interior. My wife likes the look of the brushed aluminum around the shifter and the armrest.

More power, naturally. The ride could be a bit smoother. It's bouncy on rough back roads. I like the instrument panel, but my wife strongly dislikes the white/silver color of the gauges. Maybe classic black and white is better.