2002 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Excellent Civic!
By Rutter03 on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

i love it. its sporty, its cheap, and it gets you around and keeps green in yur pocket when it comes to gas. i race it sometimes, i wouldnt reccomend it to the person who wants a fast car, but its great, and its fun!.

You Can't Go Wrong
By MW757 on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the car since October and got a excellent deal as the 2003 models were coming in. I love the reliability and build quality from Honda. It's fun to drive and it looks great. I went for Honda 5-spoke alloy wheels and the EX really looks sporty. I fell in love with the car after a friend bought a HX model. My EX has been great on gas mileage about 34 mpg. You really can't go wrong with a Civic. The sedans are nice too.

Don't buy without looking around
By bonorch on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my sixth honda I have loved them all except this one.The build quality is horrible the paint is thin . I have the silver it looks as if every part was painted at a different time.This car replaces a stolen Integra gsr.So I needed a car fast and ran to honda like I've allways done. Next time I will shop around.

Excellent Bore
By Orlando Civic Driver on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great fuel economy, ultra high reliabilty. Good interior room. Great all around car. But why does it have to look soo damn boooring?!? Is it a Civic? Accord?? Camry?? Corolla?? I can't tell. They all look like they came out of the same cookie cutter. The Civic is more like a Maytag refrigerator on wheels. It runs forever on almost no fuel, but how often do you say "Man, that's a cool looking refrigerator!"?

Deal deal deal
By Dubs on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

After shopping around thoroughly I have found that the civic is the best car for the money and even for more money.Sure, the VW Golf GL looks better, but the handling, manual transmission, lack of armrest, price and cost of insurance make it less desirable. Before taxes and tags I got the Civic EX manual for 14,500 which is almost a grand less than the golf. Despite Honda's inexcusably poor warranty in comparison to every other maker. Compared to the Sentra, Corrola, Echo, Lancer, and Focus the car drives better, has quicker pickup, is more comfortable, has a better sound system, and comes with a great engine.

Loud ride
By lindsay on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

When looking for an affordable, fun to drive car that gets great mileage, this is your car. I've put 18000 miles on in 8 months commuting to work with no problems. Although I do like this LX, I find it clunky going through the gears and lacking the kind of power I enjoy off the line. There is alot of road noise and ticking sounds coming from behind the dash and God knows where else. Honda should pay more attention to making a tight car.

great little car
By mlbwaves on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

So far, my Civic has been very good to me. It only has about 2,000 miles on it and still rides like it is brand new. I hope to have continued success with my car and hope others go out and get one too. It has populated my town.

Good pick up, great gas milage
By Diemos on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

the interior it seems to be made of very nice quality and I expect it to last. I purchased the EX because of the sunroof, better engine and 15 inch wheels. The stereo isent all its cracked up to be. They say its premium although, its stock... I suppose I shouldnt expect wonders, but at 3/4s volume it shouldnt crackle on BASS. Sunroof works perfect, its fast to. 15 inch wheels, are not even real rims, they are just hub caps.. a bit dissapointing until I saw my monthly payments. My stereo is broken, I may one in a million to recieve this problems as the dealership had never heard of it. The clock resets everytime I turn off the car

I love my Civic!!!
By mp on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Civic! I had to say good bye to my 1993 HOnda Civic DX hatchback, because it was getting old. When it was time to buy a new car, I went straight to the Honda dealer and tested the Civics, fell in love with it and got one!!! The 2002 Civic is a great car! I love my Civic!

Not quite a Acura CRX
By ja_wood on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted something a bit sportier, but this car was a great compromise between styling and affordability. It gets great gas millage (EPA ratings are right on target), handles well, and has enough power to get over hills without a fuss. Don't get in an accident with this vehicle though, because although it does a good job keeping you safe, the damage to the vehicle is going to be expensive. Many of the parts cannot be easily repaired and need to be replaced (bumpers, shock absorbers, etc.)