2002 Honda Civic DX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2002 Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Sort Reviews by

Excellent Civic!
By Rutter03

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

i love it. its sporty, its cheap, and it gets you around and keeps green in yur pocket when it comes to gas. i race it sometimes, i wouldnt reccomend it to the person who wants a fast car, but its great, and its fun!.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Stick a small 6 under the hood.

You Can't Go Wrong
By MW757

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the car since October and got a excellent deal as the 2003 models were coming in. I love the reliability and build quality from Honda. It's fun to drive and it looks great. I went for Honda 5-spoke alloy wheels and the EX really looks sporty. I fell in love with the car after a friend bought a HX model. My EX has been great on gas mileage about 34 mpg. You really can't go wrong with a Civic. The sedans are nice too.

Favorite Features

Amber dash, ease and reach of controls. I love the alloy wheel option.

Suggested Improvements

Increased sound insulation. I test drove a '03, and I think they are a little quieter.

Don't buy without looking around
By bonorch

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my sixth honda I have loved them all except this one.The build quality is horrible the paint is thin . I have the silver it looks as if every part was painted at a different time.This car replaces a stolen Integra gsr.So I needed a car fast and ran to honda like I've allways done. Next time I will shop around.

Favorite Features

gas millage nice interior

Suggested Improvements

improve quality control.This car desperately needs another 30 HP and a decent set of brakes and rear shocks would help.

Excellent Bore
By Orlando Civic Driver

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great fuel economy, ultra high reliabilty. Good interior room. Great all around car. But why does it have to look soo damn boooring?!? Is it a Civic? Accord?? Camry?? Corolla?? I can't tell. They all look like they came out of the same cookie cutter. The Civic is more like a Maytag refrigerator on wheels. It runs forever on almost no fuel, but how often do you say "Man, that's a cool looking refrigerator!"?

Favorite Features

Can't beat the gas milage, for a 'real' car, it's outstanding. I'm getting a consistent 34mpg on Orlando's over crowded streets.

Suggested Improvements

Honda should spice up the interior and make the front and rear ends look more unique.(sportier, funkier) As is, it looks the same as a dozen other cars on the road.

Deal deal deal
By Dubs

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

After shopping around thoroughly I have found that the civic is the best car for the money and even for more money.Sure, the VW Golf GL looks better, but the handling, manual transmission, lack of armrest, price and cost of insurance make it less desirable. Before taxes and tags I got the Civic EX manual for 14,500 which is almost a grand less than the golf. Despite Honda's inexcusably poor warranty in comparison to every other maker. Compared to the Sentra, Corrola, Echo, Lancer, and Focus the car drives better, has quicker pickup, is more comfortable, has a better sound system, and comes with a great engine.

Favorite Features

Stereo system, armrest, AC levels (10!) comfortable and clean interior, roominess, gas mileage, price, reliability, and residual value.

Suggested Improvements

Not as visually pleasing as Golf, andbetter warranty (not that you need it)

Loud ride
By lindsay

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

When looking for an affordable, fun to drive car that gets great mileage, this is your car. I've put 18000 miles on in 8 months commuting to work with no problems. Although I do like this LX, I find it clunky going through the gears and lacking the kind of power I enjoy off the line. There is alot of road noise and ticking sounds coming from behind the dash and God knows where else. Honda should pay more attention to making a tight car.

Favorite Features

There's lots of trunk space and room in the back seats for passengers. I also like the red dash lights... though they may look funny with an aftermarket stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Make the LX look a little meaner by droping it a couple inches and putting at least 17in wheels on. Cold air intake with stock exhaust gives you a nice throaty sound that doesn't remind you of a dirtbike. Honda... work on the noises! They make the car feel cheap.

great little car
By mlbwaves

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

So far, my Civic has been very good to me. It only has about 2,000 miles on it and still rides like it is brand new. I hope to have continued success with my car and hope others go out and get one too. It has populated my town.

Favorite Features

The design, comfort, keyless entry, and gas mileage are my favorite features.

Suggested Improvements

The sound system isn't so good.

Good pick up, great gas milage
By Diemos

2002 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

the interior it seems to be made of very nice quality and I expect it to last. I purchased the EX because of the sunroof, better engine and 15 inch wheels. The stereo isent all its cracked up to be. They say its premium although, its stock... I suppose I shouldnt expect wonders, but at 3/4s volume it shouldnt crackle on BASS. Sunroof works perfect, its fast to. 15 inch wheels, are not even real rims, they are just hub caps.. a bit dissapointing until I saw my monthly payments. My stereo is broken, I may one in a million to recieve this problems as the dealership had never heard of it. The clock resets everytime I turn off the car

Favorite Features

Gas milage is incredible, very comfortable ride but not to soft as to your bouncing around, idles so quiet it takes you a few days to know if your car is on or not.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system was supposed to be an upgrade, has very poor BASS. Cup holders, I can only fit one big gulp into it.

I love my Civic!!!
By mp

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Civic! I had to say good bye to my 1993 HOnda Civic DX hatchback, because it was getting old. When it was time to buy a new car, I went straight to the Honda dealer and tested the Civics, fell in love with it and got one!!! The 2002 Civic is a great car! I love my Civic!

Favorite Features

I love the sunroof! The car itself handles well and very solid.

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Not quite a Acura CRX
By ja_wood

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted something a bit sportier, but this car was a great compromise between styling and affordability. It gets great gas millage (EPA ratings are right on target), handles well, and has enough power to get over hills without a fuss. Don't get in an accident with this vehicle though, because although it does a good job keeping you safe, the damage to the vehicle is going to be expensive. Many of the parts cannot be easily repaired and need to be replaced (bumpers, shock absorbers, etc.)

Favorite Features

The stock stereo system sounds great especially at high frequencies. The bass response could be a little better.

Suggested Improvements

If I did want to replace the stereo system, the styling makes it quite difficult to put something in that will look as good as the stock system.