2002 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
review
By mark1234 on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

great car!

Great car, but not what they used to be
By MichaelO on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I used to own a '97 Honda Civic DX coupe, which is the stripped down model for those of you who aren't too familiar with the line-up. I now own a '02 EX coupe which is their 'top of the line' model. I must say, there have been some drastic improvements in those 5 yrs, as well as some disappointments. My '97 DX was supposed to be getting only 106 hp while the '02 EX is supposed to be getting 127. Still, the DX felt much quicker. The '02 also has a lot of little creaks and rattles on the interior. The last complaint is gas mileage. Honda claims 32 city and 38 on the hwy. I do a mixture of both and am lucky if I get 30.

Excellent car
By tonyjosie on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car, especially on the gas usage side.

Sexy Automobile
By kbsexyman on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great, iv had it for 15 months and nothing has gone wrong with it. It is very dependable. Also the stock sound system is very good.

22,000 Mile update
By nycom92-1 on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 22,000 miles since my last review. I Love this car. It has great pep, I'm averaging 34 mil/gal. I just survived the winter with 4 Blizzak's (snow tires) without slipping once (even through 2-3 feet of snow). I agree that the insulation (noise) needs to be a little better, but otherwise, this is a great car.

Excellent car but the acceleration!
By sang park on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great...my family have toyota corrola and nissan sentra. I could compare with these cars..but honda civic is the best.

Fun commuter
By Zap on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car easily achieves 37mpg avg. If I take it on a trip it will breach 40mpg. Car corners very nicely but Honda fumbled with the shock/spring settings on the rear end. Car feels a little too bouncy some times. Especially under higher cornering loads. All controls are well placed and convenient. EX stereo is splendid for a stock unit, especially when using the CD player. When it is cold, do hear a few creeks and squeeks. Sunroof slide cover has a minor rattle. Have had to go to the dealer a few times for 1) Side Airbag light, 2)persistant idle problem and 3) a rocking driver's seat. All of these have been taken car of.

Don't expect too much
By digitalworkhorse on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is pretty much what I expected. I bought it for a to commute with since it has a good track record, and is fuel effecient. But it is hard to get excited about driving it. Take a close look at toyota corrola before buying the civic.

transmission
By goody2shoe1 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl CVT)

i like my car overall. It gets good gas mileage and has pretty good pickup for a four. I did have to get a new transmission though it hadn't gone yet but they thought it might but it was under warrenty so they replaced it for free. Its worked great ever since.

great car so far
By sweet 02 civic on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

well, the main reason i bought this car is that my previous vehicle was a jeep wrangler and if you cant guess already.. miles per gallon.. from 12 mpg to 32-39.. i know the vehicles are very different but im just happy to be in this one instead now! the suspension is just right for my taste(semi aggresive driver) as is the conservative styling. i am 6'4" tell and sit fairly comfortably in my baby. no defects of any kind so far after 3500 miles. the headlights work very well and signals are highly visible.