2002 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 8

2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Somewhat Disappointed
By Kaygee on 06/03/06 10:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car used with 34000 miles for 19 year old son. Gas mileage is big disappointment and the timing of the engine shifting seems to be off. Engine is noisy also. Tried to get an extra key made. Cost in excess of $100 because of computer chip in key cover (security feature). Also twice there has been a power interuption and had to get code from dealer to reset radio (another security feature). Battery died and could not shift car out of park to push out of garage. Will not buy another Honda because of all the security features that can be an real inconvenience to owner.

I miss my civic!
By civicmisser on 05/30/06 00:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I miss this car! Unfortunately I sold my civic to purchase something else and have had so many problems with it I am looking for a new civic now. This car had great gas mileage, looked good, and had a pretty decent system. Shifting was smooth (manual) and the engine was very responsive.

Good car
By stephen on 05/04/06 10:31 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Honda. I can't say enough about this car. While it could use about 25 more horsepower, it has very precise handling and has good road manners. Have had no problems with the car, just keeping up the regular maintenance. Gas mileage is great (29 city and 36-38 highway). At 6'3", I'm corfortable in the drivers seat (and back seat to when needed), though there is not enough foot room on the front passenger side. For such a small car, the trunk is huge. I would buy another Honda after this car.

So far so good
By wayno007 on 04/05/06 03:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

It is noisy,and the interior could be upgraded. However I like driving it, get a lot of compliments on it, and haven't had to make any repairs except oil change and two new tires. I added new stereo, alarm, remote start and tinted windows which adds nice extras. I plan on getting chrome exhaust, wider high performance tires and maybe stiffer suspension down the road. If you add what you want to this car and the reliability is there what more could you ask

Tan LX
By Buttercup on 03/21/06 10:42 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Problems with suspension - won't stay aligned. Problems with computer that dealer can't diagnose... Car is rather underpowered, but gets great gas mileage. Problems with servicing, but this is dealer specific. Went to Honda consumer support with complaint and got no help - sided with dealer (computer problem issue).

Great gas mileage
By manny on 03/16/06 20:02 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Its a great car on reliability and gas mileage. I was a little disapointed on the interior. It looks good, but there is a lot of plastic parts on the dash and door panels and after a while they get loose and rattle. It also needs more power, if you have more than two people in the car its really hard to get it going, especally on the freeway.

Decent Car
By RHtremblay on 03/07/06 15:32 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in '02 Since then i have put about 102k miles on it. The car has been very reliable. However, the car is lacking in the performance department with only 126hp. The ride is also a little bumppy. Replaced the stock stereo system as soon as I bought it. Brakes lock up way to much and this car has ABS so i don't know the reason for that one. Car gets good gas mileage. Interior is breaking down a lot (faded, cracking, tears, etc.) I love the size of the back very roomy for a coupe. The moonroof is great on sunny days. Perfect car for roadtrips. Most reliable car ever!!!

Honda's May Last Forever, But...
By HKI4EVR on 01/06/06 16:24 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know what Honda was thinking when they designed the interior of the Honda Civic. They may run forever, but what is the point if you hate driving it? I have had to replace my stereo twice, my vents vibrate up and down as I drive, when the vents are set to come out at the floor only, I have to shut the rest of my vents to get all the air to come out only at the floor, and now when I push the button to turn on my rear defrost, my radio stations go fuzzy. Not only that, but what brilliant engineer thought that putting cupholders on the other side of the shifter would be a good idea? And what is the point of having an armrest that interferes with the driver's ability to shift?

Good but not up to Honda standards
By jim4nier on 12/13/05 21:26 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Very good vehicle over all. We were disappointed in a few things and annoyed at a few others. We've owned other Hondas before and this one isn't up to Honda standards.

SurvivorOfTheCivic
By ISurvivedTheCivic on 12/12/05 22:43 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My Civic had been pretty good form the most part. This is the 2nd Civic I've owned after totalling my first in a rear-end collision. I still feel like I got a little less car for a little more money. I enjoy all the amenities that come standard on the EX model. The A/C is a freezer, heater is a sweat box, and it very manuverable. The 2 door model does not comfortably seat 4 at all. I am a college student and sometimes space is a need. The gas mileage is great. I feel like the quality of my first Civic, which was a 97', was must better than that of my current 02' model.