Used 2002 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Reliable and comfortable
By Happy customer

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. It rides smooth and I haven't had any large repair bills to date. I've had this car 4 years and all I've had to replace is the tires and regular oil changes. I'm very happy with the gas mileage. I have had many compliments on this car from friends to mechanics. This is a great road trip car. I've taken it to a bunch of different States and even out of the Country.

I like the Power locks and the cruise control. The radio works fantastic. The interior cleans easily. I always have a smooth ride

None

Honda Civic 2002
By Pipo

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, it's OK. However, after 100k miles, the transmission broke down. Without any warning. I don't know why. Price of parts are too expensive.

The engine is reliable.

Too much noise in the cabin.

5 year old Honda review
By Croismoi

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My car is 5 years old. It has 24K miles on it and makes a weird squeaking noise when I drive it slowly. Lately it has not been starting on the first try. I took it to the dealer and they could not determine what the cause was. I am now just waiting for the 2008 Nissans or Camrys to come out. My dealership now wants to charge a $99 diagnostic fee. Whether they find the problem or not. The fact that there seems to be an electrical short that might make me stranded somewhere really bothers me. I'm very disappointed in Honda quality and the dealership.

Puddle water shakes passanger side wheel
By Nick

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a reply to an earlier post. I had the same problem as Scott...Does anyone else have this problem with the 2002, Honda Civic EX, 4dr, 5 speed Man. When driving through puddles the water splashes on the exhaust and has a loud noise, the noise you would hear if a car had no exhaust. As it dries, 30 seconds, it goes away. Honda knows of this issue and calls it a "characteristic of the car". They said not to worry and left it at that.

Solid and Reliable
By Ted

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Solid performance but conservative styling sums the car up. I have had virtually no problems with it in almost 5 years of ownership. Mileage has been from 35 to 40 mpg in freeway commuting. Scheduled maintenance has been a big improvement - (much less frequently needed than my previous car). The ride is a bit stiff compared to my wifes Honda CRV.

Mileage and reliability.

Some of the styling and ergonomics could be improved.