2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
amazing fuel economy
By bisiu on 12/07/06 11:26 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

i have the 5 spd...this car has been great... it has 55,000 miles on it... and i have not touched it except for oil changes. i would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a car that is good on fuel, $30 Canadian = 650 km's the gears are too long ... i can hit 65 mph in second gear at redline

Excellent Car
By tanya on 12/03/06 18:26 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My 2002 honda civic has endured my harsh driving with very few repairs. I drive over 35,000 miles per year and usually try to get places as quickly as possible. I have only performed routine maintenance on my car with the exception of wheel bearings on the front. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone!

Civic Si (K20a3)
By 93Octane on 11/12/06 16:48 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

People may bash it for its styling, but over all the civic si is a great car. Its very comfortable, has a very good sound system, does great gas mileage (if you drive it nice) and it was a extremely powerful heater! Mine is the "mustard" gold color and man does it turn some heads. People think that the "Dash Shifter" is ridiculous but it is honestly very comfortable to use when driving. It's got more than enough power for you to have fun with. Although it doesn't have "True Vtec" its i-vtec design is very good giving the car good power in all gears. No need to down-shift from 5th on the highway to pass someone, it still pulls like a train giving you easily enough power to pass something.

good car for the money
By pat on 11/11/06 13:38 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a perfect station car. Good fuel , good reliability, good comfort.The one bad thing is I do not feel safe in this car , because it is so small.I know it got great crash tests but I still don't feel safe.

2002 Civic Complaint
By Judith Tillmon on 10/24/06 20:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We did not purchase the extended warranty at time of purchase the reason is I spoke to past customer and did research and I was comfortible with my finding. Current I am very disappointed the clutch has burned out in the tranmission. The mechanic stated this in a common problem with Honda Civic and he currently have two in his shop with the same problem. This seems to be a hardship and Honda need to evaluate this closely.

Great Car
By gary b on 10/02/06 12:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car... Never a problem... great gas mileage... good pickup on freeway ramps... great value for the money

Great car! Perfect for my long commute!
By Jonathan on 08/20/06 19:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle off a lease. I have driven it two thousand miles since purchasing it and it has been great. I love this car. Despite gas being $3.30 a full tank only costs me 32 dollars and lasts over 300 miles.

2002 Honda Civic
By skeezicks on 07/30/06 06:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Civic new. This car gets the best gas mileage ever. On trips I'm averaging 42 mpg! At $3.09 per gallon who could complain. Minor problems, stereo system died at 35,800 miles (under warranty), needed new battery at 50,000 miles. I have 53,000 miles now and will be trading in for a new 2007 Civic. Great car for the money. Gets better gas mileage than the Honda Fit!!!

Somewhat Disappointed
By Kaygee on 06/03/06 10:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car used with 34000 miles for 19 year old son. Gas mileage is big disappointment and the timing of the engine shifting seems to be off. Engine is noisy also. Tried to get an extra key made. Cost in excess of $100 because of computer chip in key cover (security feature). Also twice there has been a power interuption and had to get code from dealer to reset radio (another security feature). Battery died and could not shift car out of park to push out of garage. Will not buy another Honda because of all the security features that can be an real inconvenience to owner.

I miss my civic!
By civicmisser on 05/30/06 00:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I miss this car! Unfortunately I sold my civic to purchase something else and have had so many problems with it I am looking for a new civic now. This car had great gas mileage, looked good, and had a pretty decent system. Shifting was smooth (manual) and the engine was very responsive.