2002 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great used car to buy
By Cain on 05/19/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Obviously, fuel economy was a major factor when buying this car - 35mpg / 400+ miles on one tank!! The only dislikes I have are the location of the side-mirror controls (on the dash just left of the steering column - hard to get to without taking you eyes off the road); road noise all the time; and driver seat needs a longer armrest. Other than those items, I am very pleased with this CIVIC. Great resale value if I decide to sell of trade-in too...

4 DR LX Sedan
By Jim on 05/10/05 07:44 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car for the gas mileage and the reliability I thought Honda had. the car is easy to drive around town and is fairlly comfortable on long trips. The trunk lid kept coming open while you were driving down the road. You would have to stop on the side of the road and close it again. The biggest problem with the Civic is cost of repair. At 84,000 miles the transmission went out and put us on the side of the road. I had it towed in and repaired it for a cost of $3602.35. If you have anything break on a Honda Civic it is very expensive to repair.

2002 Civic Review
By Jim Katso on 02/20/05 22:06 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

After hearing how great Honda cars were, I decided to try one and have leased a Civic for 3 years. With my lease winding down, here are my thoughts: The engine is flawless, if I was a heavy commuter I would love the reliability and gas mileage. Though the engine HP isn't the greatest, nor is the car the most comfortable so its not like I would love to spend an hour in it each way without more power/comfort. It is very agile & would be great for city living with street parking. Problems that I have were more "annoyances" such as 1. Radio compartment door broke, 2. Airbag sticker fell off, 3. Plastic trim around both rear windows fell off, and as I got hit twice its bumpers are weak.

My Civic makes me happy
By Fernando on 02/15/05 15:31 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A good car, no doubt. I did my research before buying and paid off. Except for one time when the car sort of fluked (I think it was Minnesota's harsh cold winter and snow), it runs smoothly as the day it was new. One thing I'm not sure about: I feel I don't get the mileage that other Civic drivers get. Winter mi/gal runs at about 25, and in the Spring/Summer is on the 32-36 range. Still, I'm planning on getting another Civic when I change this.

not that bad for a little car
By CommuterMan on 01/12/05 14:58 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I prefer larger cars, but living in the city and wanting something fuel efficient led us to get this Civic. After getting rid of the stock Firestones, this car is reasonably comfortable driving around town, has enough room to drop off the kids at school, and isn't embarrassing parked next to my boss' Mercedes. My gas mileage isn't as good as I expected, averaging 22 mpg, mainly because I have a short daily commute across town. However, on long drives to my in-laws, this baby get almost 40 mpg.

Be careful what you wish for
By Art O on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my Accord in 2002 and got the new Civic. I wanted an economical and reliable commuting car for less money than another Accord. The Civic deliveres on that, but the comfort of my 1-hr (2x daily) commute has suffered a great deal. Within 1st 6 mos of ownership, the annoying sqeaks in the dash, doors and pillars started to creep up. Now they are a daily occurance. I tried everything, but they keep coming back. Too much road noise in the cabin makes the already- weak audio system even less enjoyable. Seats are not supportive for long commutes. I would rather own a solid and comfortable sedan with worse gas mileage.

More fun than I thought
By SanFranDan on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

We wanted an easy to park, easy to drive, easy to maintain, clean, efficient car. The Civic delivered with flying colors. It handles really well on curvy roads, too.

visability
By b b mihuta on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I'm considering a trade in. I am 5'6" and have to sit on a pillow to see out the back and then the visability is less than optimum. The front is so lowriding that you have to park farther back from the curb so you don't scrape the front bumper. Also the front windshield posts seem to be placed in such a position that they can block out vehicles coming from the 2 and 10 o'clock positions. I only have 6600 miles on the car and really think I got better performance from my 1990 4Dr Civic.

great on gas.........will save you money
By ambernh on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

great car............will same you money on gas

Suspension ON my 02 Civic LX
By nicknmanda on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Within 5 months of buying my Civic I had to have both front struts replaced. I love my Civic but I hate the suspension. I have had my car in the shop at least 10 times in 2 years for the suspension! I love the look and the drive of the car! They could offer more color choices! It gets great gas mileage! Other tahn the suspension I have no problems with the car! Thay are great little cars!