2002 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Biggest piece of crap I have owned
By jayse on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I really like the car minus all of the things that have malfunctioned with it. The fuel sending unit was replaced a month after purchase. The left front damper, left front stabilizer link and the right front strut assembly have been replaced. The AC compressor went out about 34 thousand miles, the alternator went out at around 41 thousand miles.

Good Car
By FlyGuyRyUCI on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car. Gets great gas mileage and and keep up in traffic. And Civics have a reputaion of being very reliable. I do wish that it had a little more power and handled a little better in the turns but this car is not a sports car. I just sometimes wish it were. I would have gotten an RSX if i could afford it at the time because I want a little more performance out of my daily commute

Basic economic "sport" coupe
By xdprez on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for everyday driving. It gets great gas milage and is even a little fun to drive. It is a very reliable car and is put together very well. Interior design could use a little help as far as functionability. The radio/CD player is mounted far too high and angled upward. This is bad for anyone under 6' 4" tall. On sunny days you can't even read the display without leaning forward and craning your head up and looking down on it. This is of course not good when driving down the road. I knocked the rating on Interior Design hard for this because in this day and age, the stereo is a highly used item in everyone's vehicle.

Great car...
By Dman7 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome car for the money. I have been plagued with interior rattles and creaks since I purchased the car. After about 5 times to the dealership, they finally fixed it and called it "pretty widespread". Disappointing, but I still love it.

A keeper!!
By HondaguyPHX on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This Civic is my fourth Honda. I've driven them since I was 16 years old. I feel that the build quality has slipped a little, my Civic seems to rattle quite a bit over rough surfaces and I only have 33k on it. That is my only complaint about it. It's fun to drive, has good pep for 127HP, a smooth shifting 5-speed, and I like the way it looks. It also gets great gas mileage, and I drive it hard.(34+ MPG) Overall, you won't be disappointed. I work for it's biggest competitor and continue to buy Honda products. GO HONDA!!

The thieves like it too!
By Eds Honda on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car is great. It looks good, there are several aftermarket products to choose from, and its economical. I've installed an aftermarket stereo, wheels (17"), tires, and the best damn alarm system you can buy. Thieves love this car. My car has been broken into twice since I purchased. (AIG insurance is the best!!). GET AN ALARM!

2002 Honda Civic Problems
By Nathan on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Honda Civic in late 2002 after reading good reviews in Edmunds.com. I was totally shocked to find out only months later that the "new" car came with serious problems. 1. Unlike my Accord, the plastic in the a/c vent of the Civic "sweats" and results in the rear windshield fogging. 2. The "break shift" produces loud sounds often when one breaks. Apparently these are problems that Honda is aware of and working on. However, a consumer like myself feels shortchanged!

My best car ever!
By HondaCub on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have always been a fan of american cars, until now. I bought my Honda, and I could not be happier. It is pumping out 167 HP with minor modifications, and still getting almost 40 MPG. I have taken it in road trips, and it is a blast.

Best Car Ever
By vitalejd on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! Only complaint I have is that you feel EVERY little bump on the road, but I guess you would expect that with a 1850 pound car.

Have Yet to be Disappointed!!!
By Tom Rakip on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my '02 Civic EX Coupe for a week short of a year and love it more as time passes! The seats are very accomodating (I'm 5'10"/255lbs), interior is designed very egronomically, pretty peppy, nice drivetrain, excellent MPG (I average 31 MPG combined, right on par with the 31/38 claim). It has stood up very well for the mileage I put on it so far! I went with Eternal Blue w/Moonroof Visor, 15-Spoke Honda Wheels, Rear Wing Spoiler, Fenderwell Trim and Mudguards for looks :-)