Used 2002 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 334 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Car!
By jmharrell

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Has 129,000 miles so far, original clutch, all original parts besides regular maintenance items like timing belt, water pump and brakes. Runs great, handles great, manual gives it some pretty decent acceleration. Get 33 city/40-50 mpg highway depending on speed and type of highway.

Great bang for the buck
By Thad

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

After sifting through several thousand ads/scams for used Civics, I lucked into a cream puff EX w/ 31,000 original miles, w/out a nick, dent, or scratch. (rally red -- GREAT color!) It's the best looking, best performing used car I've ever bought, and now that the weather is getting nicer, I'm loving my sunroof. I put a remote starter (mandatory in Michigan winters),and a new set of tires on her, and she runs flawlessly,without a single rattle. No, it's not a 328i, so handling and performance are held to a different standard. Also, I was surprised to find city mileage at only around 28mpg with the automatic. But I still love this little car, and better still, I love having NO PAYMENTS!

Body styling, sunroof, with new Toyo tires it handles phenomenally well in the snow, very comfortable driver's seat, great sound system (though I'm sure I'll be upgrading), and a HUGE trunk that extends into the car by folding down the rear seatbacks, allowing impressive storage capacity.

There must be a way to get better gas mileage out of the automatic trans...I really expected to get around 32 mpg in the city if I drove gently.

D17a1
By ivan c

2002 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Well this is my first car, and all I have to to say is that it's great. I have only but 10,000 miles on it, and in total it has 49,000 miles on it. The only thing I wish would be better is it's speakers. The stock ones are truly horrible. Over all it is a good car just boring and not great looking.

comfort, reliability.

Better engine, better speakers, better styling.

My Honda Civic 2002 Ex (Automatic)
By Raj

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2002 Honda Civic Ex. I bought this car about 1 year back and already have put 9000 miles on it. Currently the odometer reads 67000 miles. This is a small beautiful car with a wonderful gas millage. With an automatic transmission I get about 25-26 miles/gallon in the city and 32-35 miles/gallon on the highways. Other than the usual regular scheduled maintenance I the car requires nothing and runs perfectly fine. I changed the battery this winter. The only complain with this car is its poor factory installed audio/speaker system.

Gas millage, handling and steering feeling.

Speakers are weak.

Decent
By Stephen lavelle

2002 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in December of 09 and i have had it for about a month. The car runs fine, But i am having tons of problems with the cars electrical system, the left side of the dash lights don't turn on. the dome light is broken beyond repair, my seatbelt sticks. the passenger door is hard to open from the inside. but it is a good car and very reliable

sound system