2002 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Nice Ride
By Bmo on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Yup, bought a Civic 2dr EX. Just like them all, had front struts replaced under warranty. No problem now. Solid ride, good interior room with large enough doors to get in and out (other car is 90 Miata so this one feels huge...) Hauls lots of stuff when I need it to. Good in the snow or with sunroof open in summer. Driver gets wet when it rains and windows are down a little (wish it had rain rails) Outstanding reliability. I think I'll have this one for a while...

Losing it's shine
By Scooterberrycrunch on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no major mechanical problems with this car in 21k miles in 20 months, but it is literally losing it's shine. The paint seems kind of dull, I always thought it was applied rather thinly. Way too easily chipped and the body panels are showing lots of dings from rocks and parking lot incidents. Doesn't take much. My biggest concern is the rattle from the dash. It used to be intermittant but is now a constant nuisance. My car and a friend's '03 both share the same rattle from the exhaust near the muffler.

Whitney B. Walker
By WhitneyCmachine on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I got a civic because my previous car was an unrestored 64 ford mustang (that needed a lot of work) and I just wanted a car I didnt have to worry if it was going to overheat or use a tank a day. I go out of town often with my civic and even with 60000 it still gets almost 400 miles to the tank.

I love my honda civic, but
By joanjean on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my honda civic, but Since I bought it new in 2002 i have haad a few problems with it. At my 15000 miles check they had to change the strut. At 29000 they had to put in a new altinator. My defogger does not work well and who knows what else will begin to happen after the warranty runs out in a few months I have 33000 miles on it so 3000 to go I hope it last nice car but not as well built as I thought

Unhappy Honda Owner
By Unhappy Honda Owner on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car with dealer added options paying 5,000 over sticker. Bad decision! Not only does this Civic NOT have the comfort as my old 2000 Civic, it has depreciated faster. The same dealer will only give me 10,5000 for a car that list for 17k new, not to mention the add ons they don't give credit for, where the sticker on the old Civic was also 17k and two years later was worth 11,500.00 trade in and 13.5k-14.5k retail. 2002 Civic is uncomfortable for long rides, feel every bump in the road, doesn't feel as tight driving as the old Civic model, just has not been a good experience other than good gas mileage and Honda's usual mechanical reliability.

Miss the Accord
By Erica B on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Use to have '00 Accord SE. but then got an civic LX after parents divorced. We've had over five Hondas, so we knew this was a good decision. But now a year and a half later, my feelings have gone downhill for the Civic. The performance is bad, paint is chipping, maint button comes on constantly, etc. I'd defintely love to have the '00 Accord back. Id recommend the 00 Civic instead.

Trouble with Civic ex 2002
By candybar on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Honda civic ex 2002 has had tons problems and has not been a good buy! Major problems out of this car. Engine problems with computer, steering, heat sheild, wont start at times and a ton of other problems..

Great Car!!!
By PSU Jedi on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for a single person or a married couple with no kids or pets. There's lots of room for two and four can fit comfortably, though head room in the back is a little tight for full sized adults. The Civic is a fun car to drive, with great handling and plenty of pep.

MY NEW CAR
By mistyinthe801 on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I JUST BOUGHT THIS CAR AND I SO FAR AM LOVING IT. IVE READ REVIEWS SAYING IT HAS LITTLE RATINGS ON POWER BUT I AM VERY SATISFIED. I GET LOTS OF COMPLIMENTS!

2002 Honda Civic
By S. Lovett on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

After careful review for several months, I decided that the redesigned Honda Civic for 2002 was the automobile for me. I purchased my 2-door coupe in March of 2002, when the car makers were having wonderful finance offerings. I will have the car paid off after only three years - the resale value is big plus. My next car will be either a Honda Civic 4-door, or a 4-door Honda Accord.