2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
great car for the $
By sam324 on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My EX manual never disappoints me, it is peppy, stylish, and nice on the wallet. for the 16k or so i paid for this car, i cant really ask for much more. the honda reliablity stays, and im glad that it does. resale values are also terrific, again, i'm glad i bought this car and i love it

Adequate Coupe for me.
By Stevenchou77 on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Design, Interior, Exterior are excellent!!

Great Choice for the Accident Prone
By OregonCivicOwner on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I owned the 2001 Honda Civic for just 3 short weeks before I was hit by a Ford F350 going over 45mph through a red light. I was hit on the passenger side and although my car was deemed a total loss, I survived and if I would have had any passengers with me they all would have been safe as well. The side panels had minimal intrusion to the inside. I was not only impressed but I was grateful for Honda's superior safety features. I now own the 2002 Civic and love it.

ryan's review
By Ryan Woods on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

rattles

Awesome Car.
By MegOnToast on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

You cant go wrong with this vehicle. Gas mileage is awesome. Very peppy for a 4cylinder, thanks to the VTEC engine. I love driving it everyday. Thanks Honda World Westminster.

What's not to love?
By DarkVortex on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Civic. It gets great mileage, looks nice and clean, and runs great. Steering is crisp, acceleration is adequate, but could use a little more power, and the inside is just wonderful. Considering the car's price, I feel I got a lot for the money, and that it will last a long time. Very pleased.

I bought a piece of trash
By John Thompson on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Evidently I was fooled by the claim that Japanese cars are reliable. I bought this piece of junk last month and have had nothing but problems with it. When I pulled out of the dealership, the car died. They dragged it into the repair shop and told me the next day that the fuel line was clogged. I figured that it was a fluke and drove off. Before I got home, the thing stalled again. This time, I found out that an engine module had malfunctioned. I have had it for two weeks since and have had two pieces of trim come loose and fall off somewhere on the highway. Needless to say, I would warn all against buying a Honda, especially the Civic.

2002 Honda Civic LX
By jmp on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good, reliable, fuel efficient car at a reasonable price.

Great, sporty economy car
By scottie on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

THe honda civic ex, when mated to a stick shift, is actually a surprisingly sporty car. the engine is quite peppy and the vtec growl pleases every time. 0-60mph comes in roughly 8 seconds, which is quite good for its class. sure, its no racer, but thats because the fuel mileage and the comfort of the car is also far superior than others in its class. also, one cant go wrong with honda reliabilty and resale values. Thumbs up for the civic.

Certainly a Honda
By RMForlenza on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Another in a long line of reliable Hondas. Can't be the low cost of ownership. Get your oil changes and no problems. Only problem is a drivers side window quirk. Cold wet weather and it requires some help closing.