2002 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 3

2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Car!
By jmharrell on 04/20/10 20:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Has 129,000 miles so far, original clutch, all original parts besides regular maintenance items like timing belt, water pump and brakes. Runs great, handles great, manual gives it some pretty decent acceleration. Get 33 city/40-50 mpg highway depending on speed and type of highway.

Great bang for the buck
By Thad on 04/06/10 11:14 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

After sifting through several thousand ads/scams for used Civics, I lucked into a cream puff EX w/ 31,000 original miles, w/out a nick, dent, or scratch. (rally red -- GREAT color!) It's the best looking, best performing used car I've ever bought, and now that the weather is getting nicer, I'm loving my sunroof. I put a remote starter (mandatory in Michigan winters),and a new set of tires on her, and she runs flawlessly,without a single rattle. No, it's not a 328i, so handling and performance are held to a different standard. Also, I was surprised to find city mileage at only around 28mpg with the automatic. But I still love this little car, and better still, I love having NO PAYMENTS!

D17a1
By ivan c on 03/26/10 21:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Well this is my first car, and all I have to to say is that it's great. I have only but 10,000 miles on it, and in total it has 49,000 miles on it. The only thing I wish would be better is it's speakers. The stock ones are truly horrible. Over all it is a good car just boring and not great looking.

My Honda Civic 2002 Ex (Automatic)
By Raj on 02/10/10 03:45 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2002 Honda Civic Ex. I bought this car about 1 year back and already have put 9000 miles on it. Currently the odometer reads 67000 miles. This is a small beautiful car with a wonderful gas millage. With an automatic transmission I get about 25-26 miles/gallon in the city and 32-35 miles/gallon on the highways. Other than the usual regular scheduled maintenance I the car requires nothing and runs perfectly fine. I changed the battery this winter. The only complain with this car is its poor factory installed audio/speaker system.

Decent
By Stephen lavelle on 01/29/10 07:21 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in December of 09 and i have had it for about a month. The car runs fine, But i am having tons of problems with the cars electrical system, the left side of the dash lights don't turn on. the dome light is broken beyond repair, my seatbelt sticks. the passenger door is hard to open from the inside. but it is a good car and very reliable

I want to like it...
By Lauren on 01/08/10 15:20 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car from my Mom, and when she had it she had 0 problems with it. Now that I inherited it, I am having all sorts of problems. Car idles VERY roughly at start, bucks and shudders sometimes while accelerating particularly between 50-60 mph, sometimes hard to accelerate. This problem is intermittent so it's been hard to diagnose and so far no one has been able to fix it. It makes driving the car a huge pain when it's happening. Check engine light has been on for a while now. Always took care of it and brought it in for routine care. Really, really disappointed.

Best 300,000 miles ever
By jhiscivic on 11/12/09 19:23 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my civic brand new and will never sell. It has 299,000 miles today and have only replaced front pads, tires, and two alternators. No scheduled maintenance or tune-ups ever done. Change the oil with standard oil every 10,000 miles. Car has been a dream come true. Just wish the new ones were not so over priced.

Great Reliable Car!!
By civicguy444 on 09/13/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2002. I haven't wanted to part with it since then. Has been very reliable. I have just changed the usual things, such as tires, battery, etc. It still has the original brake pads. Stock tires weren't the greatest. I get about 40 highway MPG with 5 speed manual transmission, which I think is hard to beat!! Very happy with this vehicle. Wish all I have owned worked this well!

02 Civic coupe 5speed
By drew Kramer on 07/25/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car right when I got my license, and I love it. I have a low paying job and that really helps me because I only fill my tank once every 3 weeks. The engine is pretty weak, and with my 5 speed I really have to rev it pretty hard to get up to highway speed. It is fun to drive, pretty nimble with good handling. The stock speaker system isn't all that bad either. I think it was a perfect first car for me.

Once Reliable... Now Not So Sure...
By Sean on 07/15/09 09:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from my sister over 5 years ago (she bought it brand new). I've always been on time with the scheduled maintenance and haven't had any huge repairs other than the timing belt and water pump combo repair that cost about $1400. But NOW... some days when it starts, it will idle very rough and can barely climb hills. The engine seems to be misfiring even when I drive during any driving conditions. Brought it to the local shop and they can't find anything wrong. I feel very betrayed by my Civic just because I've always done the maintenance on time. Changed the spark plugs and ignition coils and still runs like garbage.