2002 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
A++++++
By Eric Y. on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my AMERICAN HONDA CIVIC, it's got 56000 miles on it, haven't spent a dime on repair bills and 13 dollar max at the gas station using the most expensive (91 octane) gas. The power and acceleration is very quick for an economy car. I kinda feel sorry for the people that drive gas guzzling domestics with costly repair bills, hehe.

my first car and not a bad one!
By lalalily on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i just bought the si 3 days ago.. i didn't get to drive it much because i had to leave town to go back to school and take my finals.. i really really really miss it.. it seats are really comfortable.. and the rally shifter is very cool.. hmm.. that's all i got for now.. i might come back after i've driven it for awhile and leave another review.. but i doubt it.. hehehe

great car
By Larry Dawson on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I already own a 1995 honda civic ex. My 95 now has 122000 and I have had 0 problems with this car. No cluth, engine, or suspention problems. This is just an outstanding car and that is the reason why I bought another and will not buy anything other than honda.

Top of the Mountain
By Panic on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

A-OK! Once again Honda Motor brings us the best buy on the road! Civic has been a historical model since its induction over 30 years ago! Kudos to Honda Motor Co.

Do your homework and form your own opini
By mortgageman on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

upfront this may not be the cheapest car to buy, however down the road it will retain more of its value then any other car in its class and it will give you the least amount of repair headaches.

Fantastic Car! Go and get one!
By Denise on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Honda Civic. My first one was a 1994 EC coupe. I bought a 2002 EX sedan this time and I love it! This is my first new car and it is great! The gas mileage can't be beat. They have really done well from the 1994 to the 2002. I love the seats that you can do the height adjustment - this is great for short people! The dealership that I went to were helpful and friendly. I got a below invoice price and the person I worked with (mostly on-line and by phone) called me up to let me know that the car I wanted in blue was the last one that they were going to get. I was able to go and get it that day!

Great value
By Teddy on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

?|?nomy car with lots of tasteful styling. Gas mileage advertised was dead-on accurate. Original equipment tires are not the greatest with road wandering a problem. The ride is a bit jittery (tires?). The car is reasonably quiet with a great stereo system. The console seems a bit cheap looking with lots of plastic. the ergonomics of the climate controls could be improved a bit (small & hard to see) needs a remote release for the trunk needs at least two more cup holders in the rear

New '02 Civic Si Hatchback ROCKS!!!
By Eric Smith on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After seeing the demise of the Civic Hatch, I was thinking about picking up a used Hatchback DX or CX from the dealer.... but you can't find them! Honda Hatchback owners are SO LOYAL it isn't even funny!! What can I say... The Rally stick is awsome, the car is fast and handles beautifully, even at 130MPH !!! It looks awsome too!!!! (Especially on the inside). Take a test drive, you won't regret it... Oh, word is there will only be 18,000 of them made/sold in the US, then the Hatch's may be gone for good this time! Pick one up now!!! (BTW, most dealer are tacking on an addt'l $1000 for the privlidge of buying one!)

Good Purchase for Basic Trans
By Professor on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Wanted a low-cost, well-built, high reliable vehicle - 2001 Honda Civic. Been happy with my purchase. Though I've read about some 1st-Year Model problems...I've been fortunate not to have any. In fact...at every dealership maintenance service, I make sure all vehicle problems are addressed. Great fuel economy...and Honda reliability so far at almost 25,000 miles.

I love my new Honda
By sue shaw on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven many cars in my lifetime and decided on the Honda Civic because it has always had excellent consumer reviews. It handles the road well for its size and with skyrocketing prices in gas I was pleased to pay $13.00 to fill it up and found that during the breakin period it is still getting 31 mpg in combination city/highway driving. A very big difference from our Van and a real pleasure to drive.