2002 Civic Review
By Jim Katso on
2002 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
After hearing how great Honda cars were, I decided to try one and have leased a Civic for 3 years. With my lease winding down, here are my thoughts: The engine is flawless, if I was a heavy commuter I would love the reliability and gas mileage. Though the engine HP isn't the greatest, nor is the car the most comfortable so its not like I would love to spend an hour in it each way without more power/comfort. It is very agile & would be great for city living with street parking. Problems that I have were more "annoyances" such as 1. Radio compartment door broke, 2. Airbag sticker fell off, 3. Plastic trim around both rear windows fell off, and as I got hit twice its bumpers are weak.
Favorite Features
Excellent lines for economy car. Silver hides dirt very effectively. More space in back seat for legroom than one would expect. Cloth seats quality better than most. Moonroof is nice option.
Suggested Improvements
More horsepower, better interior finish, more ergonomic placement of radio & temperature controls, improve the radio quality & layout.