2002 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I love my car!!!
By nicolec on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. After spending 3 years driving a Hyundai Accent, this car blows that one right out of the water. The engine while is not of the same caliber of the Mustangs of the world, it has the "spunk" and pickup that I never saw in my Hyundai. I just love this car!

Hondas are good..
By hc_ca on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

So far, Ive got 2000 miles on my black LX. I like it very much! It handles very well, is stable, safe, and accelerates just fine. Its very comfortable to drive and most accessories work flawlessly. The ac can take forever to cool a hot interior, but when the interior is cool, it works great in any weather. All the controls are also very easy to use and have a good feel. A few things on this car need a little improvement, but overall Im very satisfied. Defects from day 1: -off center steering wheel (fixed under warranty)

Worry Free Commute
By Enjoyable Commute on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my EX auto last Feb. Drive 70 miles round trip on my daily commute. Over all I would rate the car and the dealer experiance as excellent. Bought at a one price dealer. Paid right at TVM.

Good transportation, not exciting
By dmelgar on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car, but not as good as I expected. Safe, adequate transportation but lacking on the excitement scale and not built as well as I'd expect. Quality, reliability and assembly as not very good so far, not what you'd expect from a Honda.

Frugal Fun
By Furgz on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

My choice came down to this car or the 2003 Toyota Corolla. Decision became easy because there are few Corollas on dealers' lots. On the other hand, my local Honda dealer had the models and colors I wanted. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Overall, I am satisfied.

2002 Honda Civic Ex 4dr
By luvmyhonda on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Although I have only had my Civic for a few weeks, I am really impressed with this car. It is a good balance between comfort, economy and performance. This car will certainly not win a drag race but even with the a/c on it still has enough power to keep me happy, not to mention that on my first road trip it managed to get almost 41 mpg! The ride is supple and well controlled. The steering is nimble and the turning radius is short. The automatic transmission shifts smoothly and does not bog down or search between o/d and 4th while ascending a hill. The interior is laid out well and feels like good quality to the touch.

Great little car
By r8412 on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Super little car, fun to drive. Get's great gas milage and handles outstanding.

too loud
By grego on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have 26000 miles so far and no problems. 2 recalls so far. Tire noise was bad when new, but after 25000 miles it became unbearable. new tires put it back to when new. I still can't hear the engine over the tire noise on the highway. The car is fun to drive if you wear earplugs. performance is ok for the category of this car.

43mpg Road Trips
By bigjj on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my 2001 Honda Civic EX Sedan for almost a year and never got to take it on any road trips until last weekend. I averaged over 39mpg for over 2,000 miles of driving, including two trips through the mountains and some city driving. This is amazing noting my lead foot and the engine is tuned to create as little emissions as possible. Another amazing thing is the tranny doesn't go around always searching for gears on inclines. Just leave the cruise on and it takes care of the rest. On a quality note. This car has been flawless like my older Hondas. Can't get any better quality for the money.

Happy Driver!
By Honda Fan on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 4 door 5 speed for a short while. I enjoy it. I have driven quite a few 5 speed Honda's. Compared to the old 1.6 L Civics, this engine actually has decent torque between 1500RPM-2500RPM (even compared to a VTEC Del Sol). Good back seat spacing, big trunk. It's not easy to fill up all the space.