2002 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
ryan's review
By Ryan Woods on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

rattles

Awesome Car.
By MegOnToast on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

You cant go wrong with this vehicle. Gas mileage is awesome. Very peppy for a 4cylinder, thanks to the VTEC engine. I love driving it everyday. Thanks Honda World Westminster.

What's not to love?
By DarkVortex on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Civic. It gets great mileage, looks nice and clean, and runs great. Steering is crisp, acceleration is adequate, but could use a little more power, and the inside is just wonderful. Considering the car's price, I feel I got a lot for the money, and that it will last a long time. Very pleased.

I bought a piece of trash
By John Thompson on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Evidently I was fooled by the claim that Japanese cars are reliable. I bought this piece of junk last month and have had nothing but problems with it. When I pulled out of the dealership, the car died. They dragged it into the repair shop and told me the next day that the fuel line was clogged. I figured that it was a fluke and drove off. Before I got home, the thing stalled again. This time, I found out that an engine module had malfunctioned. I have had it for two weeks since and have had two pieces of trim come loose and fall off somewhere on the highway. Needless to say, I would warn all against buying a Honda, especially the Civic.

Great, sporty economy car
By scottie on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

THe honda civic ex, when mated to a stick shift, is actually a surprisingly sporty car. the engine is quite peppy and the vtec growl pleases every time. 0-60mph comes in roughly 8 seconds, which is quite good for its class. sure, its no racer, but thats because the fuel mileage and the comfort of the car is also far superior than others in its class. also, one cant go wrong with honda reliabilty and resale values. Thumbs up for the civic.

I Love This Car!!!
By jynni on 03/14/02 14:25 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was in the market for a new car because I questioned the reliability of my 2000 Alero which had been in the shop three times and was close to running out its warranty. I wanted something that was reliable with good gas mileage...first name that came to mind? Of course Honda. Since I can't afford the Accord I looked at the Civic EX. The Civic delivers outstanding performance...its got quite a bit of zip for a 4 banger...and it handles much better than the Alero ever did, even when it was new. The dealer was wonderful...even threw in the floormats for free. If you want a good car, but this one.

The Civic from a Technical Point of View
By savou on 03/14/02 12:11 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The 1.7L EX has plenty of low end power for its engine size. I find its suspension too soft. This is a problem in high speed slaloms when the car doesn't seem to want to follow the line you are asking it to. In turns the car will typically understeer but by letting go of the gas pedal you can easily convert it to a pleasant oversteer. The factory tires are among the worst (mine came with Firestone). The Honda spoiler is quite anoying. It makes the car rear end look bigger than it already is and blocks a rather large section of your rear view. The car is very very reliable and the engine is a jewel. You can drive it right up to the redline non stop and it will always work perfectly.

The Civic of 02
By Trevor on 03/14/02 10:42 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Civic after buying a used '96 Civic a few years ago. I bought the 2002 Civic EX in Black. The drive is very smooth and they've worked on the wind noise problem. When going over bumps and problems in the road, there the car adjusts to the road conditions making it better to drive. Besides comfort and drive, the best part of this car is the fuel economy. For a college student, this car is perfect because you put in a tank of gas and it's going to last you 320miles ++.

great car
By ScottieEx on 03/12/02 19:14 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

the honda civic is a great car if you take it for its true purpose: to be an well built and capable economy car. its not a race car, but its a car that will get you to your destination for years without problems and save you countless dollars on fuel. of course the car itself looks great and there is a good aftermarket for any modifications. any questions ponder at the forums of www.7thgencivic.com

Great Car for the value
By rayv on 03/09/02 06:57 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I've been a Ford owner for years.I decided to take a look at Honda Civics and I was very impressed. Quality and workmanship is outstanding. I've only has owned my Civic for a few weeks now but overall it is a great car. Being a small car the ride can be a bit more noticeable on the bumps. The price was right with no pressure to buy. Check them out!! My only complaint would be with the options which are very expensive with little negotiating.