Used 2002 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The thieves like it too!
By Eds Honda

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

The car is great. It looks good, there are several aftermarket products to choose from, and its economical. I've installed an aftermarket stereo, wheels (17"), tires, and the best damn alarm system you can buy. Thieves love this car. My car has been broken into twice since I purchased. (AIG insurance is the best!!). GET AN ALARM!

Good looks, good trunk space, nice instrament panel.

Every Honda need a super duper alarm system. Could use more power or offer optional supercharger/turbo.

2002 Honda Civic Problems
By Nathan

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Honda Civic in late 2002 after reading good reviews in Edmunds.com. I was totally shocked to find out only months later that the "new" car came with serious problems. 1. Unlike my Accord, the plastic in the a/c vent of the Civic "sweats" and results in the rear windshield fogging. 2. The "break shift" produces loud sounds often when one breaks. Apparently these are problems that Honda is aware of and working on. However, a consumer like myself feels shortchanged!

Brake and A/C design

My best car ever!
By HondaCub

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have always been a fan of american cars, until now. I bought my Honda, and I could not be happier. It is pumping out 167 HP with minor modifications, and still getting almost 40 MPG. I have taken it in road trips, and it is a blast.

My favorite feature is my cars reliability. When I get in, I know it will start, and get me where I need to go. This was not the case with my previous domestic cars.

Honda, Please start offering leather interiors in the civic. Toyota, Nissan, and others already have! I would also like to see a 6 speed manual transmission!

Best Car Ever
By vitalejd

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great car! Only complaint I have is that you feel EVERY little bump on the road, but I guess you would expect that with a 1850 pound car.

Have Yet to be Disappointed!!!
By Tom Rakip

2002 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my '02 Civic EX Coupe for a week short of a year and love it more as time passes! The seats are very accomodating (I'm 5'10"/255lbs), interior is designed very egronomically, pretty peppy, nice drivetrain, excellent MPG (I average 31 MPG combined, right on par with the 31/38 claim). It has stood up very well for the mileage I put on it so far! I went with Eternal Blue w/Moonroof Visor, 15-Spoke Honda Wheels, Rear Wing Spoiler, Fenderwell Trim and Mudguards for looks :-)

Fuel Economy, Drivetrain, Ride Comfort, Spacious Trunk, Friendly Dealership, Peace of Mind!

The OEM tires are only better than riding on bare wheels! Throw on some decent tires, even if it means charging a few hundred more! I'm putting Michelin Harmony's because my stock tires are worn down already.